- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi! I am a classically trained pianist originally from Syracuse, NY. I graduated from Allegheny College in Meadville, PA where I studied piano under Professor Alec Chien. I also enjoyed playing the French horn and percussion with the Allegheny Wind Symphony and Wind Ensemble.
I have performed numerous piano solo recitals, as a featured pianist with the Allegheny Wind Ensemble, in piano duos, a piano quartet, small instrumental groups and in the pit orchestra for musical productions. I know the skills and technique needed to play as a soloist and in different types of groups. I am eager to share this with aspiring pianists.
I have 6+ years experience teaching private lessons to young children and 3 years experience in teaching fun group EZ play organ classes to senior citizens. My senior year I was also a substitute teacher for beginning class piano at Allegheny College.
So whether youÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂre looking to study as a serious pianist, just as a hobbyist or somewhere in between, I can guide and teach you along your journey.
I started piano lessons when I was 8 and music has been a part of who I am ever since. My goal as a teacher is to make a students' experience positive and rewarding. I have studied under 3 piano teachers in my life. Each teacher had a positive influence on me personally and musically. I strive to do the same for my students.
I am the strongest and most comfortable working with beginners of all ages. I get great joy out of seeing people realize their dreams or desire to start playing the piano.
*** Lesson Details ***
I like to use the Bastien or Alfred piano methods. Students will be engaged and excited with the progress they make. For the younger students 5-7 I prefer the Bastien method which includes 2 books: lesson book and theory/technique book. For young students 8 and up the Bastien method includes 4 books: lesson, Theory, Technique and Performance/Solo. For adults I use the Alfred's Basic All-in-One Piano Course. Once students are ready I incorporate chord progressions, scales, sight reading and ear training into the lessons. Each lesson builds on the concepts and skills learned in prior lessons. I provide an opportunity for students to perform in a recital twice a year to show family and friends their progress.
I put great importance on proper technique right from the start. Poor technique can frustrate a student and therefore hinder their enjoyment and sense of accomplishment.
Lessons incorporate things that appeal to different learning styles. For example, a visual learner may really enjoy the flashcards to help learn the notes on the staff. For an audible learner they may look forward to hearing me play a new musical passage for him/her before talking about it. Finally, clapping a rhythm before playing it can really benefit the kinesthetic learner.
*** Specialties ***
*Teachers classified as a Student Favorite have taught a minimum of 25 lessons and have received the highest feedback rating from students.
· Piano · In home Patti was a wonderful teacher for my daughter. They seemed to hit it off right away. She was very helpful with my daughter's strengths and was willing to give her some help with things she was not as strong in. We could not have chosen a better teacher!
· Piano · In home My young son and daughter have taken lessons with Patti for nearly a year now. I could not be more pleased with her. Not only is she very professional and friendly (on top of being a very talented pianist), but she has tailored my childrens' lessons to fit their needs and interest so well! My children are fairly young, 5 and 7, and it can be difficult keeping them engaged in the early stages of learning. She has been able to make it fun for them but also keep them disciplined and focused when she has to as well. She is always on time and has great communication about scheduling and my childrens' progress. We are very happy to have found her!
· Piano · In home My two girls started taking piano lessons in Kindergarten and were very excited to learn. That enthusiasm didn't last long when teacher after teacher showed irritation and a lack of patience with young learners. We went through SIX teachers and were asked by friends why we continued our search for the RIGHT teacher. I knew the girls wanted to play and the problem wasn't that they were children, the problem was finding that teacher who had great patience, an even temper, and one who could move students through those periods of tough times. We found THAT teacher in Ms. Patty!!!!! We have been with her now for two years. The girls are practicing now for their fourth recital and absolutely love playing. They have learned so much more than piano. They have learned patience by example...... Ms. Patty is the best ever!!!!!! <3
· Piano · In home Mrs. Patti has been inspirational for both our children and we welcome her timely (she is always on time) arrival for piano every week. Great teacher with lots of patience and love for music. We were just very lucky to find her!
· Piano · In home I am an older adult who has been taking lessons from Patti for over 2 years now. She has been extremely patient with me and I'm happy with her teaching style. As a person who just wants piano lessons for fun (and to keep my brain working), Patti is glad to accommodate me in having a say as to what music selections I want to learn. I would highly recommend her.
· Piano · piano lessons
Patti is a great instructor for my 6 year old son. She has lots of patience and can teach in a way that keeps him interested.
· · Patti is wonderful! As an adult learner who takes longer than the average bear to become proficient at hands-on skills, I was nervous to start taking lessons. Patti has been wonderful! She is patient and encouraging and makes the lessons fun! I literally could not have asked for a better teacher! I would highly recommend her!
· · Patti is a very nice teacher and my daughter loves her!
· · Thankful to have found her!
Ms. Patti has been wonderful with my son-he is learning and having fun along the way. He is easily stressed, but she has done a great job keeping him relaxed and focused. I'm sure she would be great with adults, but she has something special and really shines when working with my son. We really are thankful to have found her.