I studied music at UCF (Orlando), focusing on classical and jazz guitar, but I also have years of experience playing rock, blues, folk, hip-hop, and musical theater on both guitar and drums.
I have been teaching guitar, drums, and piano for about eight years to students of all ages. Music is what I'm passionate about and it's what I enjoy. I want to inspire that same passion into the hearts and minds of others.
*** Lesson Details ***
I am a laid-back teacher, fun, and I focus on the needs, abilities, and ambitions of the student. In turn, students must realize that learning an instrument takes a lot of work and dedication. One can't expect to learn very much if s/he only practices or thinks about the instrument during the lesson. If the student is willing to put some time into practicing, then I will help them go far!
*** Studio Equipment ***
I have several guitars, a drum kit, djembe, mandolin, clarinet and full-size keyboard.
*** Specialties ***
Guitar: Classical, jazz, American or Irish folk, rock and pop; lead or rhythm.
Drums & Percussion: All genres
Piano: Classical (includes sight reading)
As of January 2017, I am the band director at the New School for Leadership and the Arts in Kingsbridge (MS244 in the Bronx). I work with grades 6-8 in varying class sizes, teaching strings (violin, cello), brass (trumpet), woodwinds (clarinet, flute, saxophones), guitar, piano, bass, and drums. More than anything, I teach my students how to play as an ensemble, no matter their individual skill level.
I began teaching guitar and drums in 2005, with students of all ages. I've taught both individual lessons and group lessons on both, and I've worked with young children (even infants and toddlers), teenagers, and adults. Over the years, I have also taken on students of percussion, harmonica, piano, mandolin, and bass guitar as well.
I taught an after-school rock band class to middle-school-aged students. Bands consisted of guitar, keyboard, drums, and bass guitar.
I volunteered with AmeriCorps, tutoring ESOL students in English and other academic subjects, as well as SAT Math prep, and assisted the school's band director with music classes.
I helped teach violin to a class of third graders.
· Guitar · In studio Gio is an encouraging and helpful teacher!
· Piano · In studio My son Joseph just completed his 5th lesson with Gio and he LOVES his piano classes. Gio is very patient and dedicated to Joseph. Glad that my son is taking lessons from him.
· Piano · In studio He's very pleasant, patient and easy to understand.
· Guitar · In home My son has learned alot with Gio so far. He is very patient, professional and wonderful working with my son who is now 8 years old. I look forward to many more lessons.
· Mandolin · In home Gio is priceless!Gio has been working with our 3 year old teaching him the mandolin for 6 months now. We find his commitment,expertise+personality impeccable. I would advise you to take lessons from no other. He is a star!
· Ukulele · In studio Very patient with an older student with unclear goals.
· Guitar · In studio Great, very understanding.
· Harmonica · Online Great!!!
· Mandolin · In home Gio is outstanding!look no further.
· Guitar · In studio Im really excited to learn more