- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello! I'm an all around musician having just moved from Chicago IL. I have 15 years experience playing drums, 7 years experience playing piano, and 6 years experience playing guitar. Through my understanding of these instruments, I've developed a thorough sense for the fundamentals of music.
Along with writing, recording, and performing, I have a deep passion for teaching. I value making lessons fun, challenging, and rewarding. Learning music should not only teach you how to improve on your instrument, but it should give you valuable skills that can help you in life. I do my best to provide this instruction all while creating a positive and fun experience.
After graduating high school, I earned a degree in Music Education with a minor in Jazz Studies from Elmhurst College. During my years in college, I was able to perform in different ensembles such as Band, Choir, Vocal Jazz, Percussion Ensemble, Jazz combos, and Electric Guitar ensemble. Graduating in June 2013, I began teaching both privately and in schools.
With such a broad skill set and a love for teaching, my goal is to provide great instruction for anyone who is willing to learn.
All lessons are documented by me through a notebook kept by the student. Important concepts, musical graphs, musical exercises, and weekly goals are added to the notebook each week. Fundamentals of Rhythm, Pitch, and Tone are emphasized for all instruments.
Lessons are goal oriented, fun, and exciting. Any musical challenge is addressed from different angles in order to find a solution. I like to use "jamming" (improvising together) as a way for students to get better while having fun. I can jam with the student through playing different instruments.
All musical lessons are open to what the student wants to learn.
*Students need to provide at least 24hr notice for a lesson cancelation in order to be eligible to have the lesson made up, otherwise the lesson will not be made up.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Piano (Casio Privia)
Electric and Acoustic Guitar
*** Travel Equipment ***
Teacher Lesson Books
*** Specialties ***
"Big Picture" of Music
I taught private lessons, as well as lead "Rock'scool" Rock band classes in Chicago schools.
· Ukulele · In studio Oliver was great. Looking forward for a second lesson
· Piano · In home Sister takes his piano lessons and loves them. Always asking mom when she will have her next lesson.
· Piano · In home Oliver is very patient and knowledgeable! Great with my 7 year old daughter! She is looking forward to her next piano lesson.
· Piano · In home Oliver is a really great teacher. My daughter has learned a lot in a very short amount of time.
· Guitar · In home First time with a guitar. Oliver was very kind, encouraging and patient with my 12yr old son.
· Ukulele · In home He is very into the lessons
· Ukulele · In home Oliver was very good with my Granddaughter.
· Guitar · In studio Good first lesson. Looking forward to my next lesson.
· Ukulele · In studio Wasn't sure what to expect. 30 minutes isn't enough time for a first lesson. We will stick with it though and overcome my awkwardness.
· Guitar · In home Oliver is a great teacher! I really liked how patient he was and the fact that he was able to connect with my 14 year old son very well!