- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 4 to 21
I am a passionate classically trained Piano Teacher specializing in Classical music and pop . I create an enjoyable, customized, yet disciplined lesson plan to help my students achieve their musical goals . I enjoy working with the students of all ages( Young children and Adults). I am determined to develop the full potential of each student .It’s up to a teacher to interact with a student in such a way to discover the potential hidden talent . I truly enjoy to be part of each step in the learning process and helping students to achieve their musical goals .
Lesson Style :
I customize and plan my lessons for each student and therefor my teaching approach grounds students in Musical fundamentals and Piano Technics by combining ear training, Note reading, composition and performance exercises along with Repertoire ( Classical , pop and some Jazz)
Lesson Details :
I begin by getting the student familiar with the piano, finger number positions, and gradually incorporate Music theory, ear training, note reading and Piano techniques along with Repertoire. I work a variety of methods some of which include Bastien Series, Alfred, Faber, Hanon, little Mozart and many others depending on the student’s age and wishes to what they like to achieve.
Additionally for younger children :
I incorporate a variety of enjoyable off bench musical activities during lessons to help them expand their creativity.
Students will be able to see progress on a weekly basis provided that they are practicing what they have learned in lessons on their own time.
Lessons for Adults :
Lessons are uniquely tailored to your goals We will go through warm-ups , music theory that will place emphasis on technique and then work through the repertoire to discover the joy of performing/playing music.
I also organize performance opportunities and piano recitals for students and their families which is a great experience for both students and their loved ones.The purpose is that students could meet each other and observe others' accomplishments which provide great inspiration and joy to the students and their parents.
For Students who are interested in certificate programs :
The Music Development program
The Royal Conservatory Music Development Program provides a recognized national standard of musical success through an effectively sequenced course of study from beginners to advanced levels. I'd like to encourage my students to participate in the Music Development certificate program. This program is suitable for students of all ages and provides an internationally recognized assessment service while celebrating the achievements of every student at all levels. The examination results provide assurance for the parents and allow them to track students’ progress to an international standard.
My Piano Studio
I maintain a private home studio in Carmel Valley/San Diego. The relaxing modern space equipped with an upright Yamaha piano extensive library of teaching books and many creative teaching tools.
Come try a lesson, and see for yourself how music can be a part of your life!
Looking forward to meeting you :)
The Royal Conservatory Music Development Program (Music Development Program) provides a recognized national standard of musical success through an effectively sequenced course of study from beginner to advanced levels.
· Piano · In studio Niki is very patient and encouraging with my son. We've been with her for four years and counting!
· Piano · In home Niki is an outstanding piano teacher. She began teaching my daughter when she was 9 years old, and after 3 years of lessons, I am extremely pleased with how well my daughter plays the piano. Niki makes learning piano fun and interesting for children by allowing them to choose some of their own popular pieces. Her teaching style is the perfect balance of friendly and encouraging, yet very professional with an emphasis on progress. She sets high expectations and inspires her students through her own love of music. I would highly recommend Niki to any student fortunate enough to work with her.
· Piano · In studio While many piano instructors teach children, I had difficulty finding someone willing to have me (an adult) as a student. I tried two different teachers before finally hearing about Niki . Her lessons focus on the basics (like scales and lessons from technique books), as well as songs. She breaks the songs into manageable portions, so I am never overwhelmed and notice my progress from week to week. Her approach works. I am getting better at reading notes and I think I sound better too. I highly recommend Niki to anyone, at any age, who needs a piano teacher.
· Piano · In studio My 6 years old daughter naturally loves to play the piano. She had two other teachers before we met Niki and they were not able to help my daughter to keep her focused and have fun /enjoy the piano lesson. With Niki , my daughter became excited every week to go to piano class and practices at home on her own. Niki has a way of inspiring my daughter to love playing the piano even more. My daughter is always excited for the recitals ,( Which she performed in one yesterday) Recitals are very helpful to promote self confidence at young age.
Niki is an excellent teacher and highly recommended !
· Piano · In studio I'm so happy to have Niki as my son's piano teacher. She is very kind and knowledgeable. One quick and important thing I notice about this teacher, She always pays attention to all the details and makes sure that the student fully understands the concepts. She's very patient and will not rush through things just because time is up. I highly recommend our excellent teacher.
· Classical Piano · In studio We have come to know Niki as a very knowledgeable, patient, and dedicated teacher. My daughter was only 5 when she had her first piano lessons, and I was interested, most of all, in understanding whether her interest in music and the piano in a common room in our building was mature enough to begin music lessons - or not. Niki gave me a very knowledgeable assessment of my daughter's readiness to begin studying music, and then went on to give her piano lessons that were right for her level and age. She definitely developed my daughter's eagerness to learn more, and left her looking forward very much to her weekly piano class. We can wholeheartedly recommend Niki.
· Classical Piano · In studio Niki is a truly inspired teacher! She is articulate, patient and imaginative and inspires excitement in her students. I hope to work with her for a long time and I look forward to each lesson with enthusiasm. I am very fortunate to have found her
· Piano · In home Niki is a very good Piano teacher. She is very patient with kids, has the right approach to teaching Piano and always punctual. Both my middle schooler and kindergartener are learning quite well with her.
· Piano · In home We really like Niki and my 7 year daughter loves playing the piano because of her!
Niki is very caring and always has a positive attitude. She brings joys along with her expertise and that's why my daughter can't wait for her piano lessons every week!
· Classical Piano · In home Niki has been teaching our son for a year since he was 6. He has learned so much in the last year- she does a great job of starting with the basics- sight reading, music theory, fingering. Her quiet way keeps him calm but also pushes him to learn. Most of all, he really enjoys the piano and looks forward to lessons!