- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Having recently moved to NYC from the Boston area, Nicole has over 20 years of experience teaching piano privately to adults and children. She is equally comfortable working with beginning students to the most advanced and prides herself on her ability to cater to individual needs and learning styles. Her teaching methodology emphasizes listening and musicality in order to cultivate expressive playing and enjoyment. While based in classical music, Nicole also insists that students explore other genres to round out their training and increase versatility. Music Theory and Composition are taught through the playing of music rather than through pedantic exercises, however music theory may become a major part of study if the student wishes. Nicole believes that’s it’s never too late to start. www.egoartinc.com
“She seems to intuit exactly what it takes to motivate each child. Her pupils have different temperaments and abilities and, yet, she keeps them happy, motivated and moving forward. She isn’t just interested in having them master the next piece in the book (though they do) it is about teaching them to love music. “
- Rebecca, Parent
“Nicole seems to know exactly how to encourage and push Emilia, while still making the experience enjoyable. Emilia has made wonderful progress, and her interests have expanded to cello. She tells us that Nicole is an excellent teacher because she is ‘energetic and experienced.’”
- Virginia, Parent
“Nicole’s calm and easygoing demeanor made our children feel comfortable with her from the very first lesson, but at the same time, she always expected them to work hard and put in the required effort in practicing the piano. Nicole also has a great sense for how to teach children of all ages, knowing when to push, coax, or encourage, and she never made our children feel overburdened.”
- Adelina, Parent
In addition to teaching piano, Nicole also has a dance background and has runs her own contemporary dance company!
· Piano · In home Nicole has worked with our family for the past 13 years and we could not have asked for a better piano teacher.
· Piano · In home Over the years I have had several wonderful piano teachers but I have learned the most from Nicole. She has not only worked with me on the "mechanics" of playing piano but has also instructed me in music theory and history. She is erudite and playful and thoroughly engaging. I recommend her most highly.
· Piano · In home I was a complete beginner and Nicole was super patient and encouraging. I felt comfortable and learned so much from her. It was clear she was extremely knowledgeable and talented. I would highly recommend her to anyone!
· · Emphasis on classical training and repertoire, but open to exploring other musical interests students may have.
· Piano · In home I am 16 years old, and I have studied with Nicole since I was about 5. She is everything I would want in a teacher! She not only has technical piano skill, but she also understands music and helps to connect the two with her students. She is always encouraging, friendly, patient and inspiring. Personally, I have always been comfortable with Nicole because she makes the experience feel like a partnership in learning. Nicole has taught me to play the piano with emotion and to feel the music. Anyone would be lucky to work with her.
· Piano · In home I would recommend Nicole to anyone, whether a beginner or advanced piano player. I started as a beginner (almost) but I know an advanced player who is very satisfied with her teaching. She is totally non-threatening but still keeps you up to the mark. When I am floundering over a piece, she somehow manages to get me going again with enthusiasm. She plans her appointments so she has time to make sure I understand something at the end of a lesson, rather than rush off to the next student. She also gives a good music theory education as far as scales and recognizing the various intervals by listening, and whatever else anyone wants to know.