- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and raised in Miami, FL. I started my musical career at the age of 8, singing in chorus, playing the recorder, and shortly afterwards moving to the guitar, and the violin.
When I was 15, I was nominated for a James L. Knight Award in Music, and I performed as a violin soloist with the Miami Beach Symphony Orchestra, and the Greater Miami Youth Symphony playing Mozart's Violin Concerto No. 3 in G major. One of my most memorable experiences when I was a kid! In high school, I formed my own string quartet and we would perform all over the South Florida community especially at hospitals and for the elderly. At 16 years old, I was also given an internship with the New World Symphony, conducted by Michael Tilson Thomas, for about 2 years. During this time, I was able to take lessons from master violinists such as Marc Thayer and Glen Cherry. During this time, I was given the opportunity to perform with the New World Symphony at 17 years old for pops concert conducted and performed by Chuck Mangione in El Doral, FL.
I later on accepted a scholarship for violin performance at the University of Miami for my Bachelor of Music, and earned my Master of Music from Florida State University. I also taught string orchestras for 10 years at Ruth K. Broad Bay Harbor K-8 Center, South Florida Youth Symphony as conductor (and now composer!), and conductor of the Greater Miami Youth Symphony. I was appointed Assistant Conductor of the Alhambra Orchestra for two seasons under the guidance of my high school orchestra teacher, Mr. Reginald Nicholson (1947-2011). It was here where I was able to work on my compositions, orchestrations, and conduct a fine group of musicians.
I now live in sunny Los Angeles, in the Sherman Oaks area, and I'm loving the new change. I am eager to share my knowledge with new students on various subjects such as learning a string instrument to learning a different language. Please feel free to ask me any questions.
I am looking forward to getting to know you and your goals for learning!
I have been teaching music as an adult, certified teacher since I was in college, but have done teaching as early as 15 years old.
I will help you create a fantastic technical base so you will be able to play with ease as your skill level develops, all while keeping the lessons fun and engaging.
Piano, Violin, Guitar, Music Stand, General Teaching Aids, Recording Equipment.
I can provide a music stand and basic materials but the student is expected to have their own instruments and to buy the music I recommend. I can recommend various vendors/shops where you can buy the ideal instrument for your lessons.
I am classically-trained musician that also specializes in Tango performance, Latin/Jazz, Rock, and a variety of other styles. I believe that training in the classical aesthetic will create a firm, solid foundation to crossover into other areas listed above. With a good dose of technical exercises, scales, and a variety of repertoire, my students always turn out well-rounded, ready to tackle almost any kind of music they wish to learn.
Thank you for stopping by and let me know what you would like to learn!
My duties started as a string instructor for beginning violin and viola students. I taught about 10-15 beginning classes, and by the end of the season, my students were performing pieces for their parents. It was a wonderful sight and many great sounds for all involved!
Later, I was promoted to conductor of the Sinfonia which included some of my past students I began teaching. In this string orchestra, I challenged my students to learn the music of Vivaldi, Haydn, Mozart, and many others. We would play holiday concerts, Halloween concerts, and included many soloists in our performances as well.
I was able to challenge my students and bring out the best in them.
I was orchestra director and guitar instructor for students in grades 2-8 for ten years. My student orchestra have won several Awards of Excellence in the Music USA competition in Orlando, FL and have consistently received superior ratings from 2005-2012 at the Florida Orchestra Association District evaluations. My orchestra has always had the wonderful pleasure of playing alongside members of the New World Symphony and Miami Symphony for various community performances.
My guitar students performed at various community events from shopping malls to local community board meetings. Their presence and performances were always well-received.
Lastly, as a wonderful yearly reward for working very hard, I would take my students on our yearly Disney World trip!
ASCAP offers a one-of-a-kind experience for aspiring composers of film, TV and other visual media. During this month-long, immersive program, 12 participants will get the opportunity to record an original composition with a 64-piece orchestra of LA's finest musicians on a major studio scoring stage, joined by a legendary scoring mixer, music editors, copyists and professional composers acting as mentors. They'll also learn about the business of film music from "A list" Hollywood studio executives, agents, attorneys and music supervisors.
Certified Logic Pro 9 user and instructor
The Society Of Composers & Lyricists is an organization consisting of Hollywood's professional motion picture, Television, and multimedia music composers, songwriters and lyricists, with histories in the art of scoring for motion pictures and television. Many of its members have won or been nominated for Oscars, Emmys and Grammy Awards.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Cello · In studio I felt so awkward as a beginning student at 51 y/o but Nicolas is great. I cant wait for my next lesson!
· Violin · In home Nicolas is a great teacher; patient and methodical, which is what I needed as a beginner.
· Violin · In studio Nick has been my nine-year old daughter's violin instructor for a little over a year. Not only has she made tremendous progress with her playing, she has had a great time during the lessons. Nick will challenge her when he feels she is ready, but will also slow down if necessary to review, to make sure she is using proper techniques and developing as a musician. My daughter is fortunate to have such a talented musician and composer as her violin teacher.
· Violin · In studio You cannot find a better Instructor. Nick is very professional and he pushes you, even when you feel you can't. He makes it fun and educational. I will continue to take Nick classes. Although I started late with this passion, Nick has made the journey stress free.
· Cello · In studio Nick is the perfect blend of toughness and encouragement to get the most out of my 9-year-old's musical abilities. My daughter has taken private cello lessons with him for a year now. In that time, she has grown tremendously, both musically and through the sense of achievement that she feels while hearing herself get better week after week. Nick has played a vital role in this musical and personal growth.
· Cello · In studio Nick's technical expertise, and love of music has guided me, as an adult learner, to pursue my dream to play the cello. He consistently lifts me to new levels and is committed to my success. Nick has a way of making me feel at ease and love my lessons.
· Violin · In studio Great teacher who really cares.
· Violin · In studio Nicolas Repetto is a great teacher and he has taught me many things over one year.
· Violin · In studio Nicolas is a special teacher balancing his talent as a musician and the ability to instruct. I am improving thanks to his conscientious attention to detail and precision, holding me to high standards, all the while keeping a positive attitude.
· Violin · In studio Nick is a great instructor. He is knowledgeable on tradition violin skills and practice methods which is good. But what makes him great is when I asked about contemporary music or Disney/Star Wars, he picks up his violin and starts playing them. And is more than willing to break from tradition to teach more pop-orchestra music.
He understands what makes music music....upbeat or reflective, happy or sad, and helps his student (Me) understand the why....then he gives homework :P
I would recommend Nick as a teacher to any violin student looking to begin or improve current skill, just don't ask about Paganini that is a scary road which he is teaching me to navigate one etude at a time!