I am a second generation music teacher for piano and violin. I have been teaching for over 15 years as well as playing both instruments for about 30 years. I have an Associates in Music. Making lessons both fun and educational is what make my students successful in their instruments. My lessons are custom made to how the student learns, not cookie-cut. We also do bi-annual recitals in October and April to showcase the students' accomplishments.
*** Lesson Details ***
My lessons are both fun and educational at the same time. I compromise with my students by having us each pick a piece to play on top of the usual learning pieces. My students play anything from Katy Perry to 80s music and rock ballads and in between. I use John Thompson and Fingerpower as well as a notespeller for piano and String Essentials for violin. Many of my students can play with both hands after six months. We do recitals each year to showcase the past year's achievements in their pieces.
*** Travel Equipment ***
For either instrument I pick up all books and supplies ahead of the lesson. I have my own violin and music stand that I use to assist in teaching.
*** Specialties ***
John Thompson, Suzuki, popular music, Gospel, New Age, and anything in between
teaching students of all ages piano and violin
· Violin · In home very patient and nice answered all my questions. Taught me some great beginner skills
· Violin · In home It was a good first lesson, very informative and to the point.
· Violin · In home It was the first lesson with a violin and it went very well. Looking forward to great progress. Thanks Nicholas.
· Piano · In home Always punctual. Adapts well with children.
· Piano · In home 1
· Piano · In home 1
· Piano · In home All of my children have begun to work with Nicholas. His relaxed but challenging style is a perfect combination for young boys. Great experience!
· Piano · In home Nicholas has been patient and quite forgiving with the difficulty in teaching the range from 4 year old to adult in my household! He is great!
· · Piano Teacher review
Teacher is very connected to student regarding what music student wants to learn. Teacher very encouraging and positive. Student looks forward to lessons. Teacher very flexible with schedule changes. Teacher checks on progress occassionally during the week.
· Violin · Great teacher and amazing violinist
Nick is a nice ,easy going person, he's easy to work with and gets you to the objective without being demanding or pressured. If you are willing to do your part and put time and effort in his lessons, he will help you achieve your goals.I only been under his guidance for a short while but so far his lessons have been fun and intriguing.