- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been teaching private lessons for close to 10 years and have been an active performer for even longer, playing in all different types of groups, from rock bands and jazz groups to orchestras and brass bands. I studied music at Frostburg State University (Bachelors) and the Peabody Conservatory (Masters). I can teach just about any age and skill level and cover anything you are interested in learning; whether its a certain style, genre, technique or song.
*** Lesson Details ***
My lessons are laid back, with a focus on perfecting the basics. Most students work out of a method book appropriate to their skill level. Aside from that we'll also spend time learning songs and pieces of the students choice. With the right amount of effort, you'll know your way around your instrument in no time at all
*** Travel Equipment ***
Will provide sheet music and exercises. My students should have a working instrument as well as any method book or sheet music we are working on.
*** Specialties ***
I teach all styles and genres
I have been teaching private lessons here since it opened in 2008. Aside from teaching single lessons, I also conduct small chamber groups, giving students experience in an ensemble setting different from what they're used to in school.
SCA was a private college prep school where I taught Music Fundamentals, Music History and Instrumental Music to students’ grade 6 through 12 as well as Music Theory/Advanced Theory, History of Jazz and Form and Analysis to advanced students (grades 10-12). Aside from classes, I also directed the school bands (standard concert band setting and jazz band)
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America (also known as Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, Phi Mu Alpha, or simply Sinfonia) is an American collegiate social fraternity for men with a special interest in music. The fraternity is open to men &amp;quot;who, through a love for music, can assist in the fulfillment of [its] Object and ideals either by adopting music as a profession, or by working to advance the cause of music in America.&amp;quot;
The Boy Scouts of America is one of the nation's largest and most prominent values-based youth development organizations. The BSA provides a program for young people that builds character, trains them in the responsibilities of participating citizenship, and develops personal fitness.
· Piano · In home Thoughtful in his approach, creative and adaptive in his coaching
· Piano · In home Nathan was very patient. I'm looking forward to my next lesson.
· French Horn · Online Nate is awesome. He is very patient and focused on improving fundamentals. My sons playing has improved greatly over the last ten weeks.
· French Horn · Online Nathan is great. Very conscientious and patient.
· Guitar · In home Teaching 12 year old to play guitar. Has good rapport with kids and son is enjoying his lessons, he looks forward to going. We go to his home and he has other instruments as well and is happy to accommodate my son's request to spend a few minutes discussing piano. Highly recommend.
· Trumpet · In home As a total beginner, I found it to be a great experience since I had nothing to compare it to. Nathan demonstrated substantial knowledge and was easy to work with. He was very good at instructing one on how to use the instrument.
· Piano · In home As an over 50 student who use to be somewhat decent at playing the piano 30 years ago, I was fairly nervous about starting up again, as well as somewhat skeptical that lessons would really help. But after a few months with Nathan I can say that they are definitely helping and I feel lucky to have found him. Nathan is not only knowledgeable but has an excellent instinct regarding what I need in an instructor. I feel confident he would be able to adapt his style to any type of student of any age range or ability level.
· Piano · In home Nathan is an EXCELLENT piano teacher! He's encouraging, not at all upset when I clearly haven't practiced,
and is a pleasure to be with. He is gifted in the way he seems just the right teacher for me, though I'm sure he's as fine a teacher for others who have their own individual approaches to learning to play the piano.
· Drum · In home We are so happy that he shared his talent with us. He gave my son beneficial skills to practice and assessed what he would work on during our next lesson. Thank you for connecting us.
· · Bass Lessons
Patient, knowledgeable teacher. Very helpful in helping me attain my goals.