- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Greetings to my future music students,
My name is Nate! I'm a professional world touring and recording percussionist/drummer/musician. I started drumming at the age of 10 after seeing Animal from The Muppets battle Buddy Rich. I would practice everyday after school and was asked to join high school marching and Jazz band while still in middle school. By the age of 16 I was drumming with local Jazz and Rock bands at clubs and festivals. I also toured nationally with Drum and Bugle Corps Spirit of Atlanta while I was still in high school. After graduating high school, I started teaching while attending Saint Petersburg College for Music Performance. I have had the pleasure to have performed, toured internationally and recorded with many diverse bands from the year 2000 to 2016 (see Experience) In 2008-09, I performed with Australia's renowned dance company Burn The Floor at Bush Gardens Tampa. I moved to LA in 2010 to further my skills at Musician's Institute PIT. I toured with LA based bands The Red Elvises and Street Drum Corps in 2011. That same year, I received a call from Revolutionary Rock Band Outernational to tour Nationally and Internationally headlining and supporting bands such as The Wailers, Flogging Molly, Las Manos de Filippi and Manu Chao. In 2012, I settled in NY to establish myself and my musical roots in between time touring and also taught at School Of Rock Manhattan as a sub. Over the years, I've helped many students learn how to read music, establish proper technique, coordination and time skills, and how to play some of their favorite songs from some of their favorite bands! I'm excited to help you meet your musical goals and help mold you into a well rounded musician and percussionist! My teaching style can be best described as focused, energetic and fun!
Drummer, Vocalist and Percussion.
Drumming on recycled buckets and oil drums at various gigs in LA and theme park Great America in Santa Clarita, CA.
Drummer and Vocalist touring nationally.
Performed in 3 shows daily on drum set and percussion with Burn The Floor at Bush Gardens Tampa, FL.
· Drum · In studio Best drum teacher ever
· Drum · In studio Despite the major down poor of rain, Nate and I had a great first session. It was my official first drum lesson and Nate was great to work with. He was very patient and helped you through every step of the way and helped you understand the music sheet. I am excited to have my next class and look forward in making this a long term goal of learning the instrument.
· Drum · In home Very friendly, calm and a great teacher
· Drum · In studio Nate is a great teacher! I was a total beginner when I started (only a month and a half ago) but I feel better and better the more lessons we do. He's kind, patient, funny, super flexible and really knows his stuff! I definitely recommend him to anyone starting out.
· Drum · In studio Great teacher and nice guy to spend time with. I started the lessons 3 month ago and I am still enjoying it. Good learning experience and lots of fun!
· Drum · In studio Nate H was awesome with my son who is a beginner in drumming. He was very patient and accommodating. He provided my son with sheet music, drum sticks and practice lessons to take home.
· Drum · In home Excellent and very fun teacher. Went above and beyond, while making the lessons very practical and understandable. Unfortunately had to move, otherwise he would probably still be my teacher!
· Drum · In home Nate is quite simply THE BEST drum teacher ever! he is also an incredible drummer. Nate is kind, motivating, fun, and very thorough. He taught me to read music at age 42!!! My kids and I both learned so much! Don't miss an opportunity to miss drum lessons from the best drum teacher ever!
· Drum · In studio Nate is a world class drummer with years of experience on stages of all sizes across the globe. He has the ability to rock a crowd of 50 or 35,000 with a style that is powerful yet sensitive to the needs of the groove and the song. I had the great privilege of touring with him throughout Europe and it was always a pleasure to dig into his deep pocket playing. He is well versed in multiple styles of contemporary music from Rock to Reggae or Funk to Speed Metal. If you need a teacher, and you know where to find him, maybe you could hire Nate H.
· Drum · In home Always remember, when choosing an instructor you are doing more than learning a new skill. You're making a new friend that can show you how to get there. Nate is a great person as well a phenomenal instructor & drummer! He's classically trained & is great with all percussion instruments. We've covered it all- Jazz, funk, Latin, rock, punk, hip hop, blues, R&B. He's personable, respectful & very knowledgeable about his craft.
If I did it all again, I would still chose Nate to teach me percussion. Highly recommended!