- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been teaching for over 30 years. I love to teach students of all ages. My education is classical in nature and this is how I approach my lessons, but I also mix in current music that is of interest to each particular student. I have also been a church musician for over 40 years. I studied with the Dr. Perkins, Head of the Music Department at Eastern Montana College, now Montana State University, Billings. I have also studied with Dr. Peggy Daugherty, a concert level pianist. I have a Certificate in Piano Pedagogy from Valley City State University in North Dakota..
I teach both in my home and travel to student's homes. I have taught for over 30 years. I have taught for 16 years in the Detroit Michigan area. I have recently moved to Mt. Juliet, Tennessee and am available for new students.
This program focuses on how to teach piano to all ages.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Piano · In home Ms. Nancy was excellent with our daughter. She encourage her to learn and enjoy the piano
· Piano · In home My 10 year old son has taken piano lessons with Mrs. Cole for a couple of years. She was very kind, patient and encouraging to him as he developed his musical talent. I would highly recommend Mrs. Cole as a first rate piano teacher!
· Piano · In home It has been a joy and a blessing to have Nancy as a piano teacher for my two children over the past 6 years! She has given them not only a sound, well-rounded piano education, but she has also gone above and beyond by truly caring about each of them and giving of her very self for their benefit. She has taken the time to listen, to investigate, and to find ways to encourage each of them to overcome challenges and to grow in their unique styles and talents. She has used a multi-faceted approach with my children, simultaneously building their knowledge of music theory, ability to sight-read, and understanding of varying kinds of music (including but not limited to: classical, jazz, show tunes, popular music, hymns, praise/worship)... all the while fanning the flames of each child's God-given passions and talents. (For example, she has helped them develop their compositional and improvisational skills as well.) I am very thankful for the role Nancy has played in my children's lives! I know absolutely that having her as a piano teacher has had a profound positive impact on their musical journeys.
· Piano · In studio My two children studied with Nancy for two years. They thoroughly enjoyed working with her and looked forward to their lessons. Nancy is a wonderful teacher who really connects with her students. The time, attention and dedication she spent resulted in my children making great progress on the piano. My son achieved first division ratings for his piano solos two years in a row under Nancy's direction. My daughter was selected to perform at recitals and talent shows based on her skills learned by Nancy. As a music teacher myself, I highly recommend Nancy to any student wishing to learn the piano.
· Piano · In studio We really appreciate Nancy's enthusiasm and love for teaching. She is very skilled, knowledgable, and has a great teaching style that works for our daughter.
· Piano · In studio Ms. Nancy has been doing a great job with Gabrielle. Gabrielle is progressing well and still excited about playing piano.
· Piano · In studio My daughter has been taking lessons from Nancy for about 5 months. I have been extremely pleased with how much my daughter has learned and how she is continuing to improve. Nancy is patient but continues to challenge her each week. Nancy also organized a recital for all of her students with a reception afterward. Each student was introduced and had the chance to play several pieces. Everything was professionally done and a nice way for the kids to showcase what they have been learning. I would definitely recommend Nancy as a piano teacher.
· Piano · In studio I am Desiree' Grandfather, and I must say in these past couple months, I have witnessed a true piano master instructor at work. Nancy, is very thorough, patient, friendly and non-threatening. She skillfully applies just the right amount of pressure to get the desired results; even the environment is conducive for music. I was just an observer but if I had to rate Nancy, from 1-10 (1 being the lowest), she would receive a Resounding 10.