- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I'm a performing artist and music teacher. I received my Bachelors and Masters degree in music at Boston's New England Conservatory, where I was a member of the jazz, classical, and third-stream departments. I also spent 8 years gigging in Berlin, Germany and teaching adults and teenagers. However, I've always also enjoyed working with kids; especially introducing them to music through piano, language, movement, role-playing, and singing. I have the most experience teaching piano, and I think it's the best instrument to start on, if you don't know much about music, but flute was my first instrument, and singing is my forte!
Teach workshops and private lessons at a private music school in Boonton, NJ. Organize performance there with all private students 2 - 8 times a year!
Designed and taught private piano and voice lessons to students supplied by on-line agency.
● Designed and taught voice lessons
● Worked with Studiohelper to register attendance and communicate w/parents
● Assisted in biannual school performances
● Oversaw organization of events, scheduling, and parent presentations
● Led rowing trip, hiking excursion, and morning yoga
● Taught language and music classes
● Taught private voice lessons to teenage students in preparation for musical
● Designed and instructed music class for 3rd graders
● Incorporated choreography, improvisation and composition
● Supervised, directed and participated in student composed opera
· Piano · In home We are so pleased to have found Monica to teach Piano to our 8 year old daughter Erin. Every week Erin is looking forward to her lesson and she really seems to enjoy learning as Monica makes the lessons fun for her. There seems to be a perfect balance of discipline and creative play that keeps Erin not only interested, but excited to learn! We could not be more satisfied.
· Piano · In home Great experience so far as monica is able to connect with my usually shy 4 year old girl engaged and interested in piano... That's my main goal at this stage and monica is doing a great job of it!
· Piano · In home Monica works wonderfully with my sons aged 3 and 6. She is patient and good natured while pushing them to continue challenging themselves. I usually hear laughter accompanying the lesson and both boys are always excited to show me how much they have progressed. After she leaves after the lessons, my little one always hollers out the door " I love you Monica!" I recommend her without reservation.
· Flute · In home Monica teaches Piano, Flute and Vocal. My daughter is interested in all three. I can't believe how fortunate we are to find her. She is passionate, cheerful and encouraging. My daughter enjoys every moment of her classes.
· Piano · In home Monica is teaching my 7 year old son. She makes it really enjoyable and my son has a lot of fun learning. Monica is very flexible, and goes along with my son when he wants to deviate from the routine. For example, he loves singing too so we have a lot of fun singing and playing together as well. The piano lessons have become an integral part of our life and we look forward to them every week.
· Piano · In home Monica has been teaching my 8 year old daughter for nearly a year with enthusiasm and drive. She has a very friendly but also rigorous way of teaching piano as well as music theory, reading and improvisation. She is reliable and always on time and the piano lesson has become a highlight of the week. I would certainly recommend Monica to my friends!
· Piano · In home Monica taught piano to my (very active) 7 yr old son. She is a wonderful teacher; my son enjoyed each lesson and learned a great deal. Monica even had him writing his own short compositions. Moreover, Monica engaged him on his own level and understood he wasn't always going to sit perfectly and be quiet - she was silly with him sometimes and made him laugh and have fun while he was learning.
She was extremely reliable and always on time for the lessons. In short, Monica is terrific and I highly recommend her.