- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been teaching for 15 years: kids, teens-even beginner vocalists in their seventies! Rockers, an "Idol" finalist, church musicians, lapsed opera singers, preschoolers. ...these are just a few of singers I have worked with, in person, in the classroom, and ONLINE (I just love teaching singers all over the country and the world!) .
What you get in voice lessons with me: laughter as you learn! I have learned solid classical vocal technique from the very best . I have trained with respected opera singers who have performed with companies such as Lyric Opera of Chicago, as well as leaders in vocal pedagogy. I believe everyone deserves the same useful tools- no matter what it is you like to sing!
I am patient and customize each and every lesson. Need more time on ear training? No problem . How about beginning music theory? I can help with that,too. Are you feeling more confident, and want to focus more on song polishing and getting into the heart of your songs? Let's do it! Confidence an issue? I am a pro with very shy people. I'll get you out of your shell, relaxed, and having fun right away so we can free that voice of yours! I have worked with many singers who have been diagnosed with anxiety: you're in good hands and you can trust me with your voice.
I am also a drama teacher who has worked with groups as well as individuals. Currently, I am the drama instructor at a Montessori School. I love working with beginning acting students! I'll assist with monologue prep, improvisation, voice for the stage, body awareness, and more. I love being on stage and want you to see how fun it is to jump in and let go,too!
If you're interested in beginner ear training or music theory, I'd love to help you with that as well. I present it in a no-nonsense and fun manner! I'll provide you with simple worksheets to increase your confidence in learning the language of music, as well as run you through increasingly challenging patterns and sight reading for the ear training. Don't be afraid: I make it easy and customize it all.
I have been singing for over 20 years. Performances with the Lira Ensemble and Opera on Tap Chicago, and in master classes with international opera stars Alan Held and Lorna Haywood. Coaching with Collaborative Works Chicago and Rossini Opera Festival. Additional studies in Rock Vocals, Voice Care, Improvisational Comedy, Holistic Voice, Acting, Foreign languages, Dalcroze, Speaking Voice for Singers, , Commercial Vocal Styles/Belting with Lisa Popeil, teacher mentoring workshop with Maestro David Jones. Bachelor of Music in Vocal Performance. Additional workshops in Vocal Pedagogy with David Sabella-Mills, Jeannie LoVetri. Dr. Karen Prokop, Melissa Cross the queen of healthy scream technique!), Sheri Sanders (musical theatre auditioning), and Chicago Cabaret Professionals.
Certified CoreSinging Instructor- one of only a few in the U.S. trained by Meribeth Dayme, PhD, respected clinician and authority in vocal pedagogy and author of "The Singing Book".
My students do a variety of great things! One was a top 12 "American Idol" finalist. Current students perform in musicals, top rated choirs, and professional rock , jazz,and blues bands. Many have won awards for their singing at competitions such as NATS. Students of mine have also been accepted to prestigious performing arts high schools for both drama and music, as well as undergraduate music programs.
I think if you can speak, you can sing. Everyone can and should sing! Don't let anything hold you back. I am a people person that is very passionate about music and singing, and want to be the teacher you'll trust with your voice. Come laugh and learn with me!
*** Lesson Details ***
I teach in person (Northwest Suburbs of Chicago) and online via Skype or FaceTime or TakeLessons Classroom, of course!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Sing and See Software. Additional materials I use: Funky n' Fun Vocal Exercises, Estelle Liebling Vocal Methods, Bona and Dannhauser for sight-reading, Full Voice workbooks for young and serious singers.
*** Specialties ***
Beginner vocalists! Very shy singers. Children, teens. Lapsed singers, and seniors. Experience in working with those with learning disabilities , special needs, and victims of abuse. Have also worked with the transgendered community. I also love to give workshops.
I lead high school students in drama games and scene and monologue study. I also help prepare them for a staged performance at the end of the school year!
I teach vocal technique, music theory, ear training, and music history and appreciation to elementary and middle school students.
I teach voice, music theory, composition, ear training, and music history and appreciation to middle and elementary school students.
I teach drama and voice to all ages and abilities in a fun workshop/class format to people from all walks of life!
Certified Laughter Yoga Leader! I can lead LY workshops in churches, schools, community centers, corporate events.
MTAC aspires to be the recognized leader in (1) Student Programs, which make a positive impact in the quality of music education and in the lives of music students; (2) Member Programs, which inspire quality teaching, the pursuit of ongoing teacher education and member involvement with community outreach; (3) a thriving Foundation, which funds Student Programs and member needs through its investments, donations, and grants.
NYSTA strives to provide voice professionals, both locally and globally, with the tools and inspiration needed for an increasingly informed and creative pedagogy. Immense advances in voice science, neurology, psychology, education theory, medicine, and mind/body healing offer new information and techniques from which voice teachers can draw. By making these resources accessible to our members, we foster twenty-first-century pedagogy, rooted in the great traditions of the past, incorporating the new knowledge of our time.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
· Singing · In studio Great instructor, from lesson one she makes you feel welcome and comfortable, she even has methods I've never heard about, that really help. Strongly recommended.
· Singing · Online I had my first online lesson with Molly a couple days ago, and it was a great experience! She's very open and welcoming and does everything she can to make you feel comfortable. I wish I was able to go to her in person! :( I highly recommend her, especially if you have any fears whatsoever around singing!
· Audition Prep · In home I had my first voice lesson with Molly and she is full of energy ! I had so much fun at my first class and looking forward to many more to come
· Singing · Online Very much enjoyed my first lesson with Molly!
· Singing · Online Great teacher and easily will customize the lesson to meet your specific needs.
· Vocal Training · Online May 2017: I paid for 5 classes, and we've had about 4 or 5 by now. I have to say I LOVE Molly! She's great with my daughter. My 13 yo daughter has a learning delay, which is not noticeable to many, but it takes a longer to learn something that's natural for most kids. Molly is able to make her lessons relatable. We do the one hour classes and she has my daughter doing the vocal exercises during the first half an hour, and the second half an hour she's working on her song that she's learning for her "talent" portion in a pageant for Nov 2017. I'm pretty particular about teachers/instructors and I have to say I've gotten every dollars worth. We plan on signing up for more lessons because the difference in her singing from the start to now, on her song that she's working on, is noticeable! Impressive!!
· Acting · Online My 10 year old daughter is learning so much from Molly. Her upbeat attitude really makes her feel comfortable and at ease. A blessing to find Molly!
· Acting · Online Molly did a great job working with me in preparing for a role. I'm learning a great deal about acting AND the lessons are fun. I plan on taking more lessons. Thank you, Molly!
· Singing · In studio Molly is very focused and really knows her stuff?
· Singing · Online Since i started the lessons with Molly, i noticed my voice getting better with each lesson + using the tools she gave me. Very relaxed and fun atmosphere which makes learning easier.