I have been giving voice lessons for the last 10 years. I have taught from elementary school students to adults, new/fresh beginners to intermediate. I am a great encourager and am eager to see you grow in your talents and abilities. I have been singing in church choirs and receiving private voice lessons since I was 6 yrs. old. With a BA in Music, I graduated from William Jessup University, emphasis in voice. From there I went on to teach at a Music Academy and then a music focused college known as "Instituto Canzion". I have received additional instruction from classes and private lessons at Musician's Institute located in Hollywood, CA and continue to gain teaching techniques from many different professors. One of my main goals as a teacher is to make sure you are constantly growing and being challenged. As a teacher I hope to provide specifically for each students need. I have experience with instructing for pop, rock, indie, country, musical theater, and contemporary christian genres. I have worked with choir pieces as well as solos and duets, and have spent some time in recording studios, Coaching vocalists as well as doing some recording of my own. My desire is that every student would feel comfortable sing/performing
in front of an audience while having fun, because that's what it's
about, after all, that feeling of accomplishment after you've worked so
hard. So let me help you to feel confident while performing and have a great time!
*** Lesson Details ***
My teaching style is somewhat laid back. I always tell my students, "You will get out of these lessons only as much as you are willing to put in." I can be strict if that helps a student, but I try to work with each individual at a pace that works best for them. I do challenge my students to reach and push themselves to what I know they are capable of. One of the first things I will do in a lesson is to set a personal goal with the student. This helps to have something to work towards. In lessons I will focus on areas like correct breathing, posture, relaxing tension, vowels, pitch, pronunciation, performance, and others. These are some of the areas that should definitely show noticeable improvement after 3-6 months. Other things like vocal physiology and ear training will be implemented as well as some sight reading. In the end it's really all about what you want to learn. I don't claim to know it all, but I am a life long learner and am continuing to better myself through further education.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Keyboard, Mirror, Recorder, Music stand. The student needs to provide their own flash drive to download lessons.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I have a keyboard and a recorder, but I need to be informed as to whether I need these items or not. The student needs to provide his or her own flash drive to download lessons.
*** Specialties ***
I mainly teach Pop, Country-pop, pop-rock, Musical theater, Christian and contemporary genres.
• Organize and teach vocal exercises and performance skills
• Provide opportunities to display growth/ability in a safe/positive setting
• Educate students in all areas of voice
California Basic Educational Skills Test for standard reading, writing, and mathematics.
· Singing · In studio Love Melanie!!
· Singing · In home Melanie is phenomenal! I'm a professional artist and songwriter here in Nashville, TN. When I came to Melanie, I explained all of my trouble areas a long with areas of poor technique and bad habits. Not to mention her incredible niche for hearing all the areas in my voice that needed to be fixed. In just the first two lessons with her, my voice became stronger and healthier. I recommend her for any areas that you may need rather it be maitenence on your voice, beginner lessons or pro lessons. She's amazing!
· Music Performance · In studio Melanie is incredibly thoughtful and thorough in her approach to teaching voice. She is the most patient and knowledgeable teacher I've ever had. If I've ever not understood a concept, she helps me to work through it in my time. She quickly identified my strengths and helped me to keep them strong while working diligently improving my weakest parts. I highly recommend her if you are looking for someone who will be the best teacher you have ever had.
· Singing · In studio Great teacher by she moved out of state.. Not ready to get a new teacher just yet
· · Hi i never got lessons from Melanie but i am interested in getting some song writing lessons and was wondering does anyone know if Melanie has a fb page or phone number where i could reach her? If anyone could get back to me would be great thanks! :)
· Singing · In studio Melanie is awesome! I need so much help with singing and she's great at explaining how to fix whatever is necessary to get the best sound.
· Singing · Excellent choice
I have greatly enjoyed Melanie's investment with my child. She has loved taking lessons as well as learning the art of singing and songwriting. She has helped my daughter to grow greatly and I am so happy that we have found her! I would highly recommend her to anyone.
· Singing · The coolest teacher evs.
She's my favorite teacher ever! She's so cool. I can talk to her about anything and I learn so much at every lesson.
· Singing · Lesson Tailored to my Goals
Melanie did a phenomenal job of giving me tailored instruction to where I wanted to go with my voice. The tools she gave me in our lessons have helped me produce the strength I'm looking for in my unique sound. And I love her bright and joyful attitude as she teaches. Such a great experience!
· Singing · She is awesome!
She has a great personality! I LOVE her. She makes it so fun To learn and she will help in any way she can. She will not only be your teacher,but she will be your friend as well. She has the biggest heart and I couldn't have asked for a better person to be teaching. She is AWESOME!!! She is the best mentor ever!