- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I believe that everyone can sing, it is just a matter of learning how to use your own unique instrument. From a very young age, as a performer, I was sharing my love of the arts with others. I grew up with an immense appreciation for the self-expression and creativity that result from all forms of art and music, to me, felt like my ideal way to express myself. Music inspires me and I always knew I wanted to help others connect with their inner musical ability as well.
*** Lesson Details ***
Michelle’s intention for each student is to support him or her, to the best of her ability, in finding and cultivating their voice, as well as their musical and performance abilities. As a teacher, she keeps a healthy balance between professionalism and making learning fun, inspiring and experiential. She designs a specific curriculum for each student based on their specific goals and intentions regarding their voice so that each lesson focuses on them and their unique needs. It is extremely important to her that students of all ages have a positive experience of music in their lives and she provides fun and encouraging performance opportunities for those students who wish to participate. Michelle’s goal is to recognize and support each student's potential, helping to give them confidence, direction and motivation on their unique musical journey.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Piano, music stand, microphone, mic stand, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, guitar and mic amplifier, recording equipment.
*** Travel Equipment ***
*** Specialties ***
Musical theater, Jazz, Classical, Contemporary, R & B, Folk, Alternative, Contemporary Christian and Popular Music.
Michelle’s extensive education and performance experience has allowed her to cultivate her skills and knowledge so that she can best support each student on their own unique journey of cultivating their authentic singing voice. As a teacher, she feels incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to support students both in her studio and through online lessons, providing the positive and supportive guidance and experiences they need in order to cultivate their own musical gifts. Michelle also has extensive experience working with individuals who may have fear or anxiety about singing, speaking or expressing themselves to others. She is able to assist these students as they move past their fear and hesitation and truly claim their voice. They learn to cultivate and appreciate their own ability to express themselves in the world with confidence and ease.
Michelle was the Music Director to a Children's Musical Theater program in Los Angeles. She participated in planning the program's curriculum, implementing lesson plans, casting the shows as well as running rehearsals for the musicals that were produced. She was in charge of all the musical related components of the program and stage productions including teaching music theory, harmonizing and healthy vocal techniques in both individual and group settings.
· Singing · In studio Michelle is great! She is very professional and patient, but a couple things that truly make her stand out.
One, she is always willing to record an accompaniment for the song of your choice so that you can easily work on your own. Sometimes she even does a couple versions. Better still, when I was really struggling she tailor made exercises for me so that I could improve.
Two, she explains things very well. For example, I struggled with visualizing how the physical parts of my voice interact with each other and what physically happens when I sing. Her explanation combined with the diagrams from her singing books allowed me to finally make the connection.
You can’t go wrong with Michelle!
· Singing · In studio Michelle is an awesome teacher. She is very professional yet makes the lessons a lot of fun. I feel I am going to learn a lot from her.
· Singing · In home First lesson and learned sooo much. Very knowledgeable and makes you feel very comfortable. Love!
· Singing · In studio She's an inspirational teacher
· Broadway Singing · In studio Great, knowledgeable teacher with terrific attitude.
· Singing · In studio Michelle is great. Taylors the lessons to what is best for you, and is very encouraging.
· Singing · Online My daughter has grown so much with developing her range, control, and breathing. She has not only grown as a singer who loves her passion, but also as a young student that has been very mature and impressive with her stage presence. Ms. Michelle has challenge her at every level and still allowed her to be expressive. My daughter at age 12 has performed at events and people comment on her talent and controlled ability. We contribute her growth and success to Ms. Michelle.
· Singing · In studio Michelle is the best! She really gets you excited to learn something new. Finding the right teacher is hard, but Michelle immediately puts you at ease and makes it a safe environment to learn and grow.
· Singing · In studio I always wanted to take lessons with a proper vocal coach who was well informed and knowledgeable about singing. Michelle is that! She helped me incredibly just after the first lesson. The growth and confidence she brings out in your craft is amazing. I highly recommend her if you're looking for a good vocal coach.
· Singing · Online I've meaning to write a review for michelle for some time. I took singing lessons before and had a really crappy experience. I was very nervous to sing in front of someone and the past teacher made me feel even more uncomfortable. I decided a few months ago to try again and figured if I couldn't find someone near me, online lessons would be the next best option. I slowly went through all of the teachers and chose michelle based on her good reviews. Michelle has been a blessing. Im slowly learning to be able to sing in front of others and really developing my voice which were the two biggest challenges for me. The lessons are great and I get so much out of just 35 mins. Wish I had more money to spend more time with her. Regardless of your ability if you want a comfortable, knowledgeable, experience go with michelle!