I'm studying music education at Wayne State University and I've been teaching students for a few years, but started as a paid teacher in June 2013. I teach basic piano and music reading to young children.
I am both a woodwind and brass player; I started as a clarinet/bass clarinet player, then I switched to horn in high school and have played flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, horn, trombone, euphonium and tuba. I started as a clarinet player back in September of 2006 and as a horn player in January of 2011. Horn is my primary instrument now, but I also play clarinet and saxophone in pit orchestras and other ensembles.
I am an active player in the Wayne State University Bands and Orchestra, while staying an active member of the Rochester Community Concert Band (formerly called the Rochester College Concert Band).
I graduated high school in 2013 with five years of German studies. My senior year, I took Advanced Placement German, and took the test for college credit. I made a friend/ pen pal in 2006 from Germany who has helped me through my years of study. I would love to be able to help those who either need to fill a graduation requirement or are just trying to learn a language and are struggling. I am now pursuing a minor in German.
Along with studying full time at Wayne State University, I am a certified caregiver. I currently use this certification to work with children with Autism. Children with special needs give me a challenge to teach, but I love the challenge and love the kids.
Working at high school band camps as a mellophone, saxophone, clarinet and/or woodwind instructor
Saxophone, Trumpet, Basic Piano and Music Reading.
Teach 6th grade kids the basics on their new instruments and be able to play a short concert in one day
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Trumpet · In studio Michelle has done a fantastic job getting our son up to speed to begin middle school band this year.
· Trumpet · In home Michelle is great. Always on time and even when running only a couple minutes late she will let us know right away. Very nice with my 12 year old son. We have been taking lesson with Michelle for almost a year now and we think she is the best! I would highly recommend her for younger kids no matter what playing level.
· Trumpet · In home My son enjoyed his first trumpet lesson with Michelle and is excited to continue learning more.
· Trumpet · In studio My daughter met with Michelle for her first lesson and said she felt very comfortable with her and that the lesson went very well. She said she already feels challenged and is looking forward to improving her skills.
· Trumpet · In home Michelle is very patient and explains the lesson to my son.