- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My musical experience began at the age of 4 on the piano. I have been classically trained for most of my life. I have performed on soundtracks, played with bands (in genres from Jazz to Metal), and accompanied choirs. I have taught intro to piano and music theory since the age of 15. Currently, I teach throughout the Dallas metroplex, play in several bands, as well as write music for Television and Film.
I see music as a language. Once it is mastered, it can be shared with anyone, anywhere. My goal as an instructor is to provide my students with an opportunity to discover their own musical potentials. From breaking the ice from playing for the very first time, to perfecting even the most structured and difficult pieces, I feel there are no limits. I feel comfortable teaching in any genre and always tailor my classes to match my students own individual learning style. In my lessons, I highlight important principles right from the start, such as posture, proper fingering, and rhythm training, to ensure no bad habits form that later are hard to break. As we become more confident in our playing, we transfer some of the traits contained within us. Those traits become the character and style of our "musical speech," which will help to define us as musicians. I recommend books and provide sheet music when we start learning songs. Learning music with me has been said by many of my students as, "the most fun they have ever had playing music."
In addition to music, I teach science in the subjects of Chemistry, Biology, Anatomy and Physiology. I have my 200 hr yoga teaching certification and teach private class to aid people in living a healthy, fulfilling life.
Thanks again for reading my profile. Hope to meet you soon.
I have taught piano and vocal lessons primarily to different students from ages 7 to 46. In my classes, I let my students show me what they want to learn. Then we come up with the class together. This method helps provide a way for the students to get familiar with which music in a way that is both inspiring and will keep them motivated to continue. I bring in music theory with or without sheet music, depending on my students choice. I can teach anything from classical to heavy metal.
I taught chemistry, biology, and anatomy and physiology to high school students. I would create lessons for all of my students and work with them in having a greater understanding of the material through coursework and labs. I would incorporate a great deal of hands on learning and try and bring in outside resources and examples as often as possible.
· Vocal Training · In home She is very professional and I am happy that she is my teacher and with her help and patience I will learn a lot
· Yoga · In home Melody was an energetic and patient instructor. She taught me each yoga position and positioned me in the correct pose if I was out of balance. I highly recommend her if you are considering yoga!
· Singing · In home The lesson was Great!!! She opened my mine to things I was not awaire of and I really appreciate that. I look forward to many more lessons. Melody is the vocal blessing I have been asking for. Thanks RUSS W.
· Singing · Online
· Vocal Training · In home Melody is very easy to talk to. Very relatable.
· Piano · In home I Lake my teacher very much In my first piano. Class i felt Happy