- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi, there! My name is Melinda, and I can't wait for you to learn a cool new skill! I've been teaching private lessons since 2007 and have loved helping my students learn to sing, play piano, guitar, song write, and use music software. I went to Cal Poly Pomona and earned a degree in Music in 2013. I'm a patient and well rounded person and my teaching style is catered to how you learn best.
I currently only teach guitar, bass, drums, and voice via online lessons. Unfortunately at this time we don't have the technology to teach piano online, as it is too hard to point the camera at the student's hands. Thanks!
Music teacher for all ages for piano, guitar, and vocals.
Tutor to elementary aged children in all subject matters. Special skills acquired to help with the emotional struggles of difficult subjects, and the benefit of educational games to keep the mind sharp.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
The Recording Academy, known variously as The National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences or NARAS, is a U.S. organization of musicians, producers, recording engineers and other recording professionals dedicated to improving the quality of life and cultural condition for music and its makers. The Recording Academy is headquartered in Santa Monica.
· Drum · Online Straightforward, makes good use of time.
· Piano · In studio An awesome amazing teacher that makes music easy to understand. I can't wait for our next lesson.
· Singing · In studio Went great
· Guitar · Online Melinda is very patient and sweet! My daughter really enjoys her lessons.
· Piano · In studio I've had some bad musicn instructors in the past, that's why I am so glad I found Mel! She is very patient and the cool part is that she can teach me two instruments in on lesson!
· Piano · In home I enjoyed my first piano lesson, it flew by so fast!
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Melinda was a sweet patient teacher since I knew nothing about playing a guitar. She taught me the basic fundamentals so it clicked, I definitely would have her as my teacher again! Thanks Melinda
· Classical Piano · In studio After shopping around for the perfect music teacher, Melinda is exactly what we were looking for. She makes her students feel comfortable and gets them excited to learn by meeting them at their level of learning and energy! She even made little cartoon characters for her students so they feel like they are truly a part of her lessons. I thought that was so creative! She has a lot of experience with kids, too, seeing as she has been tutoring foster children for awhile now as a volunteer, so we knew she had a passion for teaching children. That's SO important to us.
She is not only patient, but fun! Kids actually ENJOY learning with her. We highly recommend her for piano and singing.