- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have tons of experience and formal university training in music education.
Solo music performer on stringed instruments. Played in North America, Europe, and Asia. Has been on radio and television nationally and internationally.
Studio Musician for national recording artists in Billboard Magazines "Top 100".
Major in Music Education, Strings emphasis. Violin Scholarship.
Studied under Dr. John Kendall and Dr. Kent Perry.
Music Theory Eastman School of Music (NY)
Member of Suzuki Association of the Americas
Member of Mid America Music Association
Member of American String Teachers Association
Member of Missouri String Teachers Association
The American String Teachers Association, founded more than 60 years ago, is a membership organization for string and orchestra teachers and players, helping them to develop and refine their careers. ASTA's members range from budding student teachers to artist-status performers. The organization provides a vast array of services, including instrument insurance, an award-winning scholarly journal, discounts on publications and resources, annual professional development opportunities, and access to collegial network of colleagues throughout the string profession.
· Violin · In studio Mel is an excellent instructor, not to mention his experience and expertise as a violinist. Our son is five and looks forward to his lessons. We do not have a music background, and with Mel's instruction we have found it easy to practice at home.
- Louis O.'s parents
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Although I was forced to select a subject of Acoustic Guitar on the review form, my children and I have also taken lessons with Mel Parker on every subject in the pick list plus a few more. Theory, composition, recording. Improvisation techniques, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, banjo, violin, bass, mandolin, ear training, techniques applied to all music genre's, group and solo performance techniques, ETC! The main point here is that as an accomplished and talented musician, Mel Parker is fluent in the music industry and very skilled at teaching all skill levels, from beginner to pro. He can teach very rigid focused lessons or he can shift and adjust the lesson instantly to meet the needs of the student. My children have been able to explore and experiment different instruments, genre's and other areas of the music industry as their interests grew and changed over the years. They have had many changes in their interests but the one constant has been the TEACHER! It is wonderful to be able to have 1 teacher adjust his education for the ever changing and growing needs of my family. Both of my children are now very accomplished award winning performers and we all agree that Mel Parker has been/is the primary influencer in their accomplishments.
· Violin · In home My daughter has been one of Mel's violin students for 5+ years. He is an accomplished musician who teaches his students with a kind and gracious demeanor. She also has had the opportunity to play solo's in recitals and yearly contests that Mel's studio arranges for his students. Because of his well-rounded attention to instruction, practice, and performance, her growth as a violinist has been immense. This growth has also allowed her to compete at the district and state level in school.
· Violin · Online Excellent violin teacher! Mel has many years of teaching experience. He does an excellent job explaining methods and techniques for learning how to play an instrument. I highly recommend Mel as a violin teacher. Thanks!
· Violin · In home Mel gives my daughter violin lessons and I cannot say how highly I recommend him. He tries to incorporate their taste of music into lessons thus making learning fun.
· Fiddle · In studio Mel is very professional and a great teacher he makes each lesson fun and interesting and I would recommend him to anyone and all ages
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Mel is a great instructor