Males 7 to 18
My name is Megan, and I love teaching guitar lessons! I originally got my bachelor's degree from the University of Utah in Elementary Education. I taught 6th grade for a couple of years, and then went on to teach guitar classes at a private school for another couple of years. At this school, I directed the classical guitar ensemble, and had children from 5-14 playing challenging music together. I started slowly taking on private students in my spare time, and my business has grown, so that now it's all I do!
I was a music major before I switched over to Elementary Ed. I have experience in playing in groups, solo, composition, as well as the fundamentals of different styles of playing. I specialize in teaching children, but of course love to teach adults as well. I can teach folk, blues, classical, and the music theory behind soloing in any style.
My passion for music, and knowledge of how we all learn make me very capable of guiding you toward your own musical goals.
I have been teaching private and group guitar lessons in the Salt Lake Area for five years now. My students have varied in age, from 7 to much older adults. I have mentored students in their study of popular music, classical, folk acoustic, and the theory fundamentals behind all types of guitar soloing. I custom each lesson to my student's goals and musical tastes. I make it fun, and keep you motivated! I hold recitals and master classes several times a year!
I taught guitar classes at Reid School for two years. This consisted of leveled classes, as well as combined ensembles. I taught the classical method, but can teach other styles as well.
I have a licence to teach K-8 students in all subject areas.
I am a licensed teacher through the state of Utah, and have my degree in Elementary Education.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio She is awesome!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Phenomenal!!! I've brought my son to multiple different teachers and all were so harsh and demanding. Megan on the other hand expects hard work and practice at home, but she does so in such a kind, helpful, and motivational way. My son always leaves his lessons glowing with excitement and motivated to practice. I plan to stick with Megan for the next few years at least. I sure hope she never moves, or I might have to start online lessons.
Thank you Megan! You're the best. Jacob can't wait until his next lesson. He's having so much fun learning these songs.
· Acoustic Guitar · Online Megan is very patient and so encouraging!!! I am looking forward to my next lesson and working with her!
· Guitar · In home Megan has been such a perfect fit for our 11 yr old daughter. She is so talented, very kind and a great teacher! It's never a fight getting my daughter to lessons because she knows she will be learning songs that she enjoys and has fun! So happy we found her!!
· Guitar · In studio Megan is a great choice for those wanting to learn classical guitar or popular music. She lets you choose music that's interesting to you and teaches music reading/theory in a fun way. She's way better than that old piano teacher you used to have!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Megan is is such a great teacher! I personally take lessons from her and am so impressed with her. I have had teachers that are really good at their instrument, but cannot communicate and teach well. Megan has a teaching degree from the University of Utah, so she really knows how to teach. She is so good at the guitar and can teach anything you want to learn. She is fun, kind and understanding. Take lessons from her!
· Classical Guitar · In studio Unfortunately I didn't think this is going to be a good match. She is a nice person but it was not a good match with my daughter's personality. Thank you any way. We will not be going back.
· Guitar · Online Megan is AMAZING! Megan has taught me so much. She allows her students to take the lead and choose the pace they're comfortable with. Her sheet music collection is incredible, and she lets you choose which song you want to learn. Megan is kind and patient with her students. If you really want to learn how to play guitar and you want to have fun while doing it, choose Megan as your teacher!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Megan is really a FANTASTIC instructor. Not only does she really knows what she's doing, but she is very patient and supportive! You should take lessons from her if you are serious about becoming a better guitarist and musician.
· Guitar · In studio Excellent teacher with children. It must be due to her elementary school teaching career. Very patient and quite knowledgeable in theory and technique. Flexible hours and her students love her and tend to stay for years.