- Teaches students:
- Ages 14+
- Teaching since:
I teach because I love it... I love seeing a student reach their goals.
I’ve been working with music students for long enough now that I am able to quickly determine what their next best action should be… the action that will enable them to grow & evolve as guitar players. I have a keen sense of ascertaining a student’s skill level, so that I can quickly get them into working on the musicianship skills that will transform their playing. My sessions are efficient: they are very effective, very quickly.
As a beginner, you can approach the learning process in a way that keeps it fun & exciting while building the techniques & vocabulary that you use every day.
The cool thing about the guitar is that all of the chords & strumming patterns that you learn from day one are the same chords & strumming patterns you’ll use as an intermediate or advanced player. You don’t have to start with super basic “baby” steps & then learn what the “real” players use later down the road. You get to immediately start with the real deal.
• Released the acclaimed Modern Jazz album of original compositions, In This Present Moment, featuring
Jimmy Haslip, Peter Erskine, Larry Goldings, Bob Sheppard, James Genus, Terri Lyne Carrington, & more
• A world tour with La Quinta Estacion, winner of the 2010 Grammy for Best Latin Pop Album
• Creator of The 99 Decisions Guitar Program, a comprehensive online instructional video course
• Ten years as an instructor at the Grammy Foundation’s Summer Music Camp in Los Angeles, California
• Teaching residencies for The Center of Creative Arts (COCA) & The Sheldon Theater in Saint Louis, Missouri
• Instructor at The ex’treme Institute by Nelly music industry college in Saint Louis, Missouri
• Extensive recording session work for numerous artists
• Over 35 years of guitar instruction with individuals, clinics, universities & camps around the world
Celebrating music through the GRAMMY Awards for more than 50 years, The Recording Academy continues its rich legacy and ongoing growth as the premier outlet for honoring achievements in the recording arts and supporting the music community. The GRAMMYs are the only peer-presented award to honor artistic achievement, technical proficiency and overall excellence in the recording industry, without regard to album sales or chart position.+ Read More
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
NAMM is the not-for-profit association that promotes the pleasures and benefits of making music and strengthens the $17 billion global music products industry. NAMM's activities and programs are designed to promote music making to people of all ages.