Greetings! My name's Matt. I'm a 30-year-old, ESL tutor with plenty of experience teaching and living overseas (mostly in Asia). I grew up and live in the southwest suburbs of Chicago and love music, literature and travel. I look forward to meeting and helping you become a better English speaker.
• Taught elementary through middle school students via computer programs and apps, allowing teachers to accurately track student progress
• Administered monthly speaking, comprehension and writing tests in order to prepare students for necessary university entrance exams in the future
• Taught ESL to students of varying grade levels while emphasizing strong communication skills, resulting in a 30 percent increase of our student body by years end
• Helped university students prepare for exams, write admissions essays and build resumes, leading to a 20 to 25 percent increase in final scores
• Taught proper reading and dictation to K-12 students, allowing our academy to compete within the top five of local academies during monthly speech contests
• Chaperoned field trips and mentored children in order to foster cross-cultural understanding, which greatly improved our students abilities to retain learned English
• Covered city hall and public-school board meetings, focusing on stories which informed people of
daily issues impacting them and their children's lives
• Worked directly with local and regional editors to craft stories which significantly boosted readership during election seasons, and small-town events and celebrations
• Coordinated with businesses, organizations, individuals and groups to publish columns which spotlighted the voices and personalities of local residents
• Published stories showcasing local history, arts and crafts, and food throughout the North Shore and western suburbs, engaging residents with life and local culture in their own backyards
• Reported on tax levies, TIF districts and budgets with an eye for accuracy
• Covered municipal council meetings, school-board meetings and local elections with a focus on stories which mattered most to our readers
I earned my certification after 15 weeks of training at Cheongju University, South Korea.
· English · In studio
He Is my mentor and best friend.