- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Matthew K. I am a 30 year old musician and music lover.
I started playing the piano and drums about 15 years ago. I began writing my own music as a teenager. In school I took private lessons on each, piano, voice and drums. I am experienced teaching on each of these instruments as well. I love working with kids and all age groups and getting people excited about music and all it's possibilities!
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!
My first bass student was through TakeLessons. He was an adult student who decided that he wanted to challenge himself with something new. We worked together for about a year until he moved out of state...rumor has it he is still playing the bass and working through Takelessons! ; )
I currently am the bassist and singer of a cover group called 'The Sleeves'. We play pop, indie, and rock n roll ranging from the 60's through today.
I had a teenage student who wanted to learn the acoustic guitar and later became interested in bass. We started off with basic rhythm exercises and worked our way up to chords and learning full songs.
I was giving private lessons on the acoustic guitar for a year at a students house in St.Charles Il. He was less interested in learning to read music and more wanting to learn how to play some songs that he was a fan of.
We worked on some basic chords and how to read guitar tab and he was up and running
I gave private guitar lessons out of the students home to two sisters, ages 6 and 10. They were the children of a family member's co workers. Being younger students and new to the instrument, much of our time was spent on very basic exercises that apply to learning any instrument.
· Guitar · In home What a sweetheart of a guy! Patient, informative, and amazingly great at communication. Our little guy is so happy with this amazing start!
· Bass Guitar · In studio I took my first lesson with Matthew and he is very patient and pleasant individual. Took time to explain what was being taught and why. Helped me better understand my equipment and how to set it up and get it in tune. I appreciate his effort.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Matt communicated very well prior to my lesson and was prepared to review the areas I asked to focus on. He is encouraging and flexible to adjust the lesson as I progressed.