- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello! My name is Matthew and I am offering piano and voice lessons in your home or my studio. All lessons focused on student's goals and interests. Learn to sight read, play the blues, sing a show tune! I have been working professionally in the performing arts and have 20 years of experience working with all ages, from children to adults, and all levels, from beginners to professionals. I am always thrilled to help a young person uncover their musical ability, guide the experienced musician to further their proficiency, or provide the hobbyist with a fun, creative environment to explore the music they've always loved.
Offering private piano lessons with a strong focus on sight reading and the fundamentals of musical theory through analysis and performance of the early classical repertoire, while providing tools for improvisation in various musical forms, especially 12 bar blues and pop. Providing guidance for the implementation of proven techniques—parental involvement, establishment of a practice routine, and praise-based acknowledgment of achievements—to ensure progress of the young student. Teaching older students self-motivation techniques and practice-management skills to heighten the efficacy of time spent at the instrument, as well as regularly communicating with older students about the musical world at large—current top 40 songs, musical traditions of other cultures, etc—to increase the scope of their musical journey. Detailed notes taken during every lesson, reviewing material covered and clearly outlining practice objectives for coming week. Quarterly assessment of student’s goals and current musical interests, to assure continued progress and enjoyment.
Providing dynamic music instruction to children aged 5-18, with a strong focus on group performance and camaraderie. Instruction through delight directed studies, constructive silliness, and establishment of well-defined goals. Lessons focused on sight reading and ability to improvise in various musical styles. Transcribing arrangements of current Top 40 hits specifically created for student's proficiency.
Directed and Musical Directed productions for Generation Next, a community theatre program for teens. Through an insistence on encouragement and support among teen performers, and providing a safe, judgment-free environment, Generation Next has become a very successful youth-driven program, performing many fairy tale classics such as Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty as well as main stage productions of Annie, Into the Woods and Rent.
Provided musical arrangements and worked closely with students of George Westinghouse High School for several productions under the guidance of Artscape, LLC.
Developed and taught vocal workshop, focusing on breath control, fully supported tone production, maintenance of raised soft palate, improved diction and stage presence. Workshop culminated in group and individual performances for family and friends.
Worked with 5th through 7th grade classes, providing fun, enjoyable instruction in singing and performing the great works of musical theater through MTI’s “Jr.” catalogue. Successful productions of The Wizard of Oz, The Music Man, Annie, Into The Woods, and Once On This Island were mounted for both daytime peer performances, as well as evening performances for family and friends.
Developed and taught after school Shakespeare workshop for upper-grade middle school children. Program focused on heightened language, interpretation of meter, projection, exaggerated precision of physicality, and basic unarmed combat. The program concluded with an evening performance of famous scenes from the canon, specifically chosen to highlight each student’s strengths in order to ensure a positive performance experience.
· Singing · In studio Very good instructor! I highly recommend him
· Singing · In studio An amazing instructor. I had no knowledge with singing but Matthew made me feel very comfortable and is very patient with my learning. Highly recommended. You will definitely get your money's worth.
· Singing · In home Matt is a bright presence. He's made remarkable strides with my son's singing voice and demonstrated dynamic approach to teaching.
· Piano · In home Matthew is a great teacher and very patient. He is encouraging and takes his time out to learn his students. Thank you Matthew!
· Singing · In studio Excellent teacher and a wonderful person. Leila was shy in the beginning and Matt was patient and knew how to work with her which made her comfortable. Leila learned a lot already in the few lessons she's had and is excited to learn more.
· Piano · In home First lesson went ready well! Looking foward to future lessons.
· Singing · In home Great lesson.
· Piano · In home Based on one lesson, Matthew was terrific. On time and my son really liked him. He'll back next week for lesson 2. Really upbeat attitude and very easy-going. Plus he really knows his piano - just want to make sure I mention that. Good teacher no doubt. As my son gets to know him I am sure he'll have no problem getting more excited about learning the piano.
· Piano · In home Matthew came in very experienced happy to work my son click with him right away I can see he knows exactly what he's about my son will be very happy working with him I am very happy thank you Matthew for a great great session
· Singing · In home Very informative! BOOK HIM!