- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi, there! My name is Matt and I am very excited to work with you. I've been teaching guitar for over 10 years and have been helping my students blossom into not only amazing guitar players but become competent musicians as well. I studied guitar and performance at Berklee College of Music under the tutelage of some incredible teachers whose credits include many popular artists. Between my eduction and my experience as a professional musician, I have a wealth of knowledge to pass on to my students. I am also a founding member of the local, folk rock band Grey Season, and have toured many parts of the country playing critically acclaimed music festivals such as South By Southwest, Bonnaroo, and Boston Calling. I am a fun and laid back instructor but I also believe that if you want to meet your goals, you have to be willing to put in the work. Tell me your goals and lets get started!
(I teach out of my home studio but can also travel or teach via skype)
Grey Season electrifies living room music, perching harmonies atop a sound that is, in essence, folk wrapped in rock n roll. Throughout the variety show that is a Grey Season performance, one might find most memorable the occasional 5 part harmony; blues rooted guitar solos between wholehearted lyricism, memorable melodies driven by the nostalgic plucking of bouzoukis and banjos. Grey Season is a band that calls upon a collective musical memory, while pushing forward as a band dedicated to the power of song and the hearts of a growing audience.
Their debut album, Time Will Tell You Well, was released to a sold-out show on Saturday, April 26, 2014 at the Middle East in Cambridge, MA. It was produced by Boston Music Awards Producer-of-the-Year Benny Grotto and 3-time Grammy-winner Justin Guip at Levon Helm Studios in Woodstock, NY.
Grey Season recently played notable festivals in the summer of 2015 including South By Southwest, Bonnaroo, Lowell Summer Concert Series, and Boston Calling.
Provided guitar lessons to students for both acoustic and electric guitar. All musical styles and all levels of experience.
Provided guitar instruction of all grade levels and styles.
· Guitar · In home When I started to play guitar, I did not know very much about the guitar or how to read music. Matt taught me pretty much everything since the beginning and I enjoyed it a lot. He went over the basics with the acoustic, then we went onto the electric. He understands this instrument very well with different techniques. He is also very patient, kind, and willing to help anybody. He's really the best out there.
· Guitar · In home I've taken guitar lessons from three different teachers and what I learned in the two years Matt has taught me definitely has improved my playing, songwriting, and musical interest like nothing else. This guy understands good songwriting and performance as well as just shredding. He's a nice guy and loves to talk music too, and he'll really work with you at any skill level and at any pace you are comfortable with.
· Blues Guitar · In studio When I moved to Boston one of the first shows I went to was a band called Grey Season. I was blown away by Matt's Guitar playing. When I found out he gave lessons I immediately got in contact with him. Now, 3 years later, I can say that I've learned so much from lessons with Matt. He is not only an accomplished guitar player but an inspiring teacher who has been dedicated in helping me become a better blues guitarist and all around musician.