- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Massimo, I was born and I spent all my life in Italy since I moved, three year ago in US with my family for a new great adventure. I am so enthusiastic to be able to share with you the knowledge of the language of the greatest poets and writers, knowledge of one of the most beautiful country in the world, rich of history and art, and why not share "in Italian" some of the most terrific recipes for the most refined palate.
The classes in Italian cuisine are tailored to your interests and your skill level. I can teach you how to prepare a "quick win" dinner for all the family or to prepare "single size" amazing meals ready for all the week. I can teach how to make handmade pasta with semolina or with whole wheat. Have you ever tasted a terrific Tiramisu...with strawberries?
How I understand I can be a good Italian tutor, patient, helpful and always ready to arouse the attention of my students? My youngest son, Vietnamese, is the best proof of my skill. He was able to speak a really good Italian in less than three months. Then I found to be "good" with adults as well. I started to teach Italian to some friends and after to friends of friends .... and it worked again!
Key word? Talk, watch, read, listen and talk again!
I am aware the Italian has one of the most complex grammars, but I also know that speaking and reading and watching Italian movies, soccer game or Television News makes automatic to learn the basic rules useful for a good conversation. We can use a really simple grammar book to support with the basic rules up to more advanced grammar books if we may need.
My tutoring approach is focus on student's weaknesses and strengths: use the seconds to correct the firsts. What it is important is to work on what you really like (movie, politics, receipts, actors, history, vacations, ...) and I promise it works. I already experienced this approach with a lot of students and friends who want to speak Italian and know Italy ...waiting for a great vacation "nel Bel Paese".
I try to be flexible with time and I offer makeup classes in case of 24 hours cancellation. I have an quite full equipped office at home but I am available to travel if it is more convenient for the students.
I hope see you soon.. A presto!!
I love to teach because I love to share Italian recipes with my students.
I teach easy recipes for every days, and for a dinner "last minute"!
Passion and a little brain allow you to come out with very simple and delicious recipes.
As Red Cross volunteers we provided health-related services and secure resources to meet the health needs of people who called us. We provided emergency and preventive health services as required. We helped people to prevent, to prepare for and to respond to emergencies
â¢ Coordination and support in the management of assets and teams assigned to various clients.
â¢ Engineer and implement solutions in the field of Telecommunications to support the customer
â¢ Manage all communications with clients to ensure stakeholder awareness and cooperation
· Italian · In home I had a great first lesson with lots to learn. Massimo is great and very patient. Great opportunity to expand my vocabulary and practice my conversational skills.
· Italian Cooking · In home We had a great time learning from Massimo. You can't learn the proper consistence of pasta dough from a book or video. We will be using all the techniques we learned. The marinara sauce he taught us to make was simple, but delicious. We will definitely call on Massimo again.
· Italian · In home I was very pleased with my first lesson, looking forward to future lessons..
· Italian · In studio I must be honest by saying that I am not a good student when it comes to learning a language. So I must congratulate Massimo on his patience with me as a slow learner. Despite my desire to learn Italian, desire is not enough. Massimo made things easier for me and much more interesting by combining my interests with the lessons for the day. For example, Massimo created lessons around my interest in Italian Serie A futbol and my interest in Italian history. We studied the many regions and some current events while learning basic Italian. Massimo also has a good sense of humor and easy going with his students. I would easily recommend Massimo to anyone who is seeking a tutor to learn Italian. Prepare to have fun while learning!
· · I have been studying Italian language for over three years. I got to the point where I was seeking to build my day to day conversational skills in Italian. Massimo has proved to be perfect for this task by sharing his practical approach to learning and practicing daily Italian conversation. Over the past year he has taught me to convey what is on my mind in Italian without feeling intimidated or worried about making mistakes, as this is all a part of learning to speak in Italian with confidence. He is patient, a very nice person, and he also a good sense of humor. This makes learning fun!
Our conversations are sprinkled with Italian cooking lessons, culture and geography. His teachings are lessons within lessons that have given me confidence to use my book learning in social settings.
I highly recommend learning Italian with Massimo. And if you are interested in home made, and easy Italian recipes, he has a lot to share. Some of Massimo’s favorite recipes that I have learned how to make and now use regularly are:
Strawberry Tiramisu (Tiramisu alle fragole)
Lasagna (le lasagne alla Bolognese; con besciamella) This is a red sauce and a while sauce and I use a crock pot to prepare the delicious red sauce.
Meatballs in tomatoe sauce (Polpette al sugo)
Italian flat bread with rosemary (Focaccia al Rosmarino)
Homemade fresh- ricotta cheese (ricotta formaggio)
I have also learned where and how to shop for the best ingredients from Massimo. We have had many conversations in Italian, on cooking Italian style.
· Italian · In home I have always had difficulty learning a new language and the prospect of trying again was daunting but Massimo’s personality and approach immediately put me at ease. From the very first lesson with Massimo it was clear to me that he has a passion to help students achieve their potential regardless of their level or ability. He is not your traditional tutor who simply teaches from a text book (i.e. my high school language teachers), but he incorporates the Italian culture into his lessons and makes learning fun! Not only is Massimo an excellent tutor but he is flexible. I am a working professional so there have been occasions when I could not make our session due to travel or meetings, he has always worked with me to reschedule, which has been essential in my progress. I cannot say enough about how great Massimo has been as a tutor. As a side note, his cooking is stupendous. I have not taken a cooking class (but that is on my bucket list) but I have had the pleasure of dining at his house with his family and it was truly an unforgettable meal.
· Italian Cooking · In home Massimo is an excellent cook and an excellent teacher. I enjoy his style of cooking and teaching. My favorite part would be going to an Italian restaurant and ordering and speaking in Italian. I have sampled many of his fantastic creations and can't wait for my cooking class on the Massimo's meatball!
· Italian · In studio I took Italian lesson's with Massimo and it was great! He took traditional learning and made it fun. He is very open to suggestions and to adjust for each person's learning style. We talked about the possibility of doing a fun outing for example going out in town and using our Italian only to talk about what is happening and what we are doing. A bit challenging but well worth it!