MaryLouise graduated Magna Cum Laude with her B.A. in music and received her M.A. in music composition from the University of California, Riverside. She also holds an A.A. in music from Riverside Community College where began her music teaching career as a student tutor helping follow music students in their studies. With 15 years of teaching experience, she specializes in teaching piano, voice, music fundamentals, music history, music composition and basic musicianship. MaryLouise is also qualified to teach guitar, drums, violin and trumpet.
Currently, along with teaching privately, MaryLouise teaches piano, violin and a handchime ensemble at Valley Adventist Christian School in Moreno Valley, CA. She has experience as a private instructor at various music studios and has worked with a variety of ensembles and choirs. She has elementary and middle school classroom experience through the University of California, Riverside’s Gluck Program for the Arts. Also through the Gluck Program she organized an Andean Music Ensemble of high school students during their Gluck Summer Camp of 2009. MaryLouise was also the vocal coach for Landmark Middle School’s Gospel Choir. Furthermore, she also has undergraduate classroom experience teaching music fundamentals as a teaching assistant of which she has obtained the TA of the year award for 2008-2009 at UCR. In addition to her undergraduate classroom experience MaryLouise taught Music Appreciation, Songwriting and Class Piano at Norco College where she was also a substitute teacher for their college choir.
As a performer MaryLouise has been a member of various vocal groups such as the Riverside Master Chorale and UCR’s Chamber Singers ensemble. She was also a member of RCC's vocal jazz group, then called Riverside Jazz Showcase, and can be heard on their CD Groovin' Hard. She can also be heard on a CD by the band Inner Prisms called Synchronicity. As a graduate student at UCR MaryLouise was a member of the Andean Music ensemble called Mayupatapi. With a small group of members from Mayuptapi she organized her own Andean Music ensemble called Kusisqa. In 2013, she was a circulating member on vocals of the Waylon Hick’s Project. Currently, MaryLouise is a vocalist and pianist for hire available for events such as weddings, private parties, etc. and as a sub for bands of various styles.
· Piano · In home Great first lesson! Looking forward to future ones.
· Piano · In home Had 6 months of lessons with take lessons from another teacher that was a HUGE WASTE OF TIME NONEY...
BUT MY GRANDDAUGHTER WANTS TO LEARN SO BAD WE GAVE IT ONE MORE CHANCE. VERY GLAD WE DID MARY LOUISE IS A REAL N DEDICATED TEACHER WE ARE SO EXCITED N LOOK TO FUTURE LESSONS!!!
· Vocal Training · In studio Very patient and knowledgeable
· Piano · In studio Very nice, kind and good instructor.
· Vocal Training · In studio Excellent instructor- very patient and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend MaryLouise.
· Piano · In home Great lesson
· Piano · In studio MaryLouise has been an amazing instructor for my daughter! She is so patient and has taught my daughter a ton in 5 weeks. My 8 year old daughter who knew nothing about a piano has leaned proper body position to notes to now in 5 weeks is playing short pieces with 2 hands. MaryLouise has been so helpful and even allowed us to borrow a keyboard for a short time to practice on! Highly recommend her for your little learners!