- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I teach according to your individual needs. I help you become successful on piano, violin, viola, bass, guitar. I help you learn the instrument and learn to read music with my own ideas using fun worksheets and songs you really like to learn how to play. I fill your voids with activities such as practice techniques, sub-lessons, and ear training. I guide you toward proper posture, tone development, and the ability to keep a steady beat. I help you develop your musical independence by tweaking lessons to help you succeed. I believe talent is not a factor in learning. Mastering an instrument is the result of effective instruction and step by step guidance toward foundations and skills. I love to teach private lessons because I believe in spreading the word to make the great gift of playing music available to many. It is an inherited right and gift to enjoy a lifetime of personal satisfaction from playing a musical instrument. I love to help students build confidence and make progress. I help them problem solve by going through problems with them. I teach "how to think" and how to become a life long learner of the instrument. I love the challenge of finding ways to help students become successful at every step of the way. I am excited and enthused to be apart of student progress. I am influenced by many 20th Century performers including Van Cliburn, Oscar Peterson, George Shearing, Erroll Garner, Yudi Menuhin, Issac Stern and Horowitz among others. I am passionate in my teaching about providing an effective solution to my student's needs. I am pleased to announce my teaching has awarded a cello student a spot at Del Sol music high school for the 2016-2017 school year. this student of mine passed an audition January of 2017 as a result of my teaching. The student worked very hard and followed my instruction very well. Congratulations!!
I am a professional educator who works with children and has the patience to help them. I am a performer who has over 30 years of public experience in solo playing as well as ensemble work. I have performed at Nordstrom for nine years, and performed at many private functions. I have performed classical as well as jazz music as part as my performance experience. I have taught private lessons for well over 10 years. I'm sorry, as of Summer 2016 I do not travel to student locations. I teach at my studio.
*** Lesson Details ***
I believe in personalizing your approach to the strangeness of the instrument. You need to learn much about posture, and proper tone production within the first year. Method books are not "how to" books. You need a teacher to guide you toward becoming familiar with the instrument. You also need to learn how to listen to the sounds you make as you play. To develop "musical independence" you need to become musically literate, develop tone production skills, and internalize a steady beat. Rhythm and tone are basic concepts that must be mastered to maximize pleasure in playing your instrument. Learning how to problem solve is another skill I teach so you can help yourself toward progress.
I believe in using the instrument in daily activities such as playing "Happy Birthday" at family get together. Christmas Songs or Hanukkah Songs can bring much joy during December family parties.
A musician in the house brings much joy during holidays and celebrations; and the families are brought closer together. Memories are created and last forever. Playing an instrument is exciting and expresses what can not be said using words. I believe in teaching students based on their strengths, and building upon them. I am excited to help you learn!!
I only teach in my own studio. I do not travel anymore.
You can advance quickly if you are taught to listen to yourself and use common sense, and make sense of the music theory I will teach you.I will guide you every step of the way to understand how music works. Music lessons are fun and enjoyable. I am pleased to guide you through your learning every step of the way. My students in Las Vegas have had much success with my teaching and guidance. I will succeed where others fail. You will reap the benefits of my professional instruction.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Grand Piano 5'1', Digital Piano 88 Keys, Violin, Viola, Bass Guitar ( 5 String Fretless), electric guitar (Fender), Upright Bass 3/4 Size French/German Bows.
I also have instruments to loan out to new students. They include; Full Size Violin, 3/4 Size Violin, Viola, Various Guitars, and various Keyboards including 88 Key Digital Piano.
*** Specialties ***
Suzuki for string instruments. Thompson, Schaum for piano. Blues, Jazz and " Real Book " for jazz piano as well as Frank Mantooth books for chords. I also create materials to suit individual student needs. Classical Piano Volumes.
I've been a music teacher every year since 1992.
1 Steinway Place, Long Island City, NY 11105
I have been approved to become a STEINWAY Piano Teacher by a STEINWAY administrator on May 4, 2015. Go to STEINWAY Website/Teacher Directory to view profile.
The National Education Association (NEA), the nation's largest professional employee organization, is committed to advancing the cause of public education. NEA's 3 million members work at every level of education—from pre-school to university graduate programs. NEA has affiliate organizations in every state and in more than 14,000 communities across the United States.
· Piano · In studio Wow! Mark is a great teacher ! I have learned so much these past 7 months. I can now play and read basic music. He is very patient and positive. I recommend him for anyone who wants to learn how to play piano. Thank you again sir
· Piano · In home Excellent teacher!
Was patient, encouraging, professional, considerate, and above all very knowledgeable.
I think things are going to work out just fine.
Thank you very much.
With our appreciation and gratitude.
· Violin · In studio Mark is so kind and patient. You can tell he is very knowledgeable and loves teaching. So excited to work with him.
· Violin · In home I learned so much in just my first lesson! Mark makes learning easy!
· Cello · In studio Very helpful and even though I had one year experience playing the Cello he gave me great information on becoming better Cello player
· Violin · In home Mark was wonderful, very knowledgeable! He was able to teach my daughter in a way that she actually understood. My daughter has A.D.D. He was far from my home but TOTALLY worth it. I will continue the lessons with Mark.
· Piano · In studio My daughter just had her first piano lesson and is excited to go back next week. Mark started teaching her right away and she was starting to play Old Mac Donald by the end of her first lesson.
· Bass Guitar · In home Mark has been a great teacher for my first year! He's not only a bass teacher but a school music teacher also and knows many instruments. I highly recommend him!
· Bass Guitar · In studio Mark is excellent in a teacher and a person . Highly recommended by me . . . .
· Viola · In studio Good instructor, very informative.