Males 5 to 18
My name is Marissa, and I come to the music studio with a passion for teaching students of all ages and needs. My education and training has taken me from Phoenix, AZ where I grew up to Greenville, SC where I received both an undergraduate degree in Music Education and a master's degree in Performance. While in Greenville from 2007-2014, I took many choral tours and led both adult choirs and childrens choirs. I often enjoyed performing for local children's CD recordings. I currently sing in a nationally acclaimed community choir, The Rivertree Singers, who perform regularly in and around the Greenville area. It was also my privilege to train a young member of the American Boy Choir and accompany for him in 2011. It was in Orlando that I decided to build my own studio through Takelessons, and I've enjoyed every minute of it! My family moved back to Simpsonville, SC and I have joined the fabulous team at the Greenville Classical Academy as their choral director. I am excited to be back in the upstate and I look forward to having the opportunity to teach through Takelessons again!
Lessons with me are always conducted in the utmost professional way, and I come to the studio with a desire to teach not only music, but the love of music. I love music and want my students to love it too! I use a lot of illustrations and examples to make abstract ideas more concrete. Students are encouraged to explore their voice and piano skills in each of their lessons and during their practice time. I challenge my students to do their best and try to find the balance between keeping them inspired and pushing them to do their best!
I have the privilege of directing the choral program at the Greenville Classical Academy.
I have owned and operated my own music studio for ten years and love creating a personalized experience for each of my music students.
I had the privilege of teaching private voice and piano students at Orlando's premier music studio.
· Singing · In home Marissa is a wonderful instructor. She listens to her students and works with them to find material that is fun and engaging but also challenging. She provides constructive criticism when needed, and always quick to praise a job well done.
· Singing · In studio Marissa is a great teacher. She is very patients and really knows what she is doing. I am an intermediate singer and she was able to teach me some great things. I would recommend her to anyone.
· Singing · In studio She's lovely! She's really funny and the way that she explains the subjects is really easy to understand.
· Piano · In home Very kind and paced the lesson well!
· Piano · In home Very knowledgeable and super easy to work with!