- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
At a young age, I found my passion through playing and listening to jazz and classical music and experiencing the interpersonal connections music creates. From performing to teaching, I love to share my passion for music with those around me.
Since graduating from Temple University with a B.M. in Music Education and Jazz Studies, I have played with musical groups in Europe and recently became a K-8 general music teacher in Philadelphia. Playing and teaching around the world and at home has given me great insight into how students need to be taught: with relevancy to their own lives while maintaining artistry and integrity.
My teaching experience ranges from private lessons and jazz workshops to summer music camps and K-12 music classes. I love teaching and will probably never stop!
*** Lesson Details ***
I believe it is important to solidify the foundations of music, so that the student can grow into a knowledgeable, expressive musician. My lessons are taught with a personal and energetic approach leaving the student excited and eager to further explore music. I always make sure that the student is having fun!
Learning an instrument is all about personal growth as a musician. I will help my students become better musicians week by week as long as they are willing to practice and come prepared for the lesson.
*** Studio Equipment ***
I will provide a metronome, tuner, music stand and some music books/repertoire. Student may need to provide their own lesson books.
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in classical techniques, improvisation, composition and songwriting.
Out of common courtesy, please notify me at least 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel and/or reschedule a lesson, and you will not be charged. NOTE: You will be charged for the lesson if you cancel less than 24 hours before the scheduled lesson. No notification of cancellation will result in being charged for the lesson as well.
Bryn Mawr, PA
Affiliated with Temple University
· Singing · In home She was very patient,nice and welcoming.she was a great teacher.
· Saxophone · In studio Maria is my first sax teacher and i loveeeed her. She is extremely patient, and knows how to teach (which is so important). She also inspires me for jazz solo pieces. I remember one time she just asked me to improvise and great music was "forced" out of my horn.
She is a great teacher and I would def have kept taking lessons from her if not she moved out of town. I am really hoping that she will return and do lessons with me again.
· Flute · In studio I can't say enough about how great Maria is! She was quickly able to assess my ability and create a unique lesson plan catering to my goals. Each lesson was informative, fun, and most importantly- helped immensely with my playing. I happily recommend Maria to anyone hoping to expand their musical horizons.
· Saxophone · In studio I've been taking saxophone lessons from Maria for almost two months now (I was a total beginner). Maria not only plays the Sax beautifully, she is also able to teach her skills to me in an extremely easy-to-follow fashion. Every lesson with her, not only my skills had improved, it was also such a pleasant experience. With her help, I went from being able to practice 15 mins/ day, to an hour everyday, which mostly due to her innovative teaching techniques to make practice not so boring. She is professional and talented. Every time I play a duet with her (I've been doing this since lesson 2, also Maria's idea) my interest for the Sax just got deeper. In short, she is a great teacher and a wonderful friend, and I am really really luck to have found her as my first Sax teacher.
· Saxophone · In studio Maria is very patient & does know music well & excellent as a teacher. She has a VERY LOVELY singing voice as well; Lol, as you'll discover just from her humming out pitched notes & melodies to repeat & play sometimes during the lesson.
· Saxophone · Sign up with Maria!!
Maria is an intelligent, caring, and thoughtful teacher. She listens and takes the time to customize your lessons according to your needs and ability. She is the consummate professional, placing you at ease and pacing the lesson so you never feel rushed or feel afraid to make mistakes or ask questions. I've had music instructors my entire life and Maria is the very best! Sign up with her today!!
· Clarinet · Understood my musical needs
As an adult student who has some musical background, Maria was able to adapt her teaching to what is perfect for me. Not too slow, not too fast. Time just flew by and I feel I got something out of every minute.
She says she loves teaching and it shows. I'd bet she's just as good with kids and teenagers, with those with music knowledge and without, as she was with me.
I'm very happy that I signed up with her and am looking forward to more lessons.