- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
As a graduate of the Baldwin Wallace Conservatory and Boston University Metropolitan College, Manda has obtained a diverse education in performance and performing arts management. As a clarinetist, Manda has performed in Illinois, Alabama, Ohio, and Massachusettes as a soloist, chamber musician, and in large ensembles. Her performances have been well received for their diverse programming and superior musicianship and technique.
Manda began teaching clarinet and piano in 2008 while she was still in high school. She began with beginning and intermediate musicians and quickly received the opportunity to coach advanced players at one of Illinois' top high school band programs. While studying in Ohio, she began teaching clarinet and piano at the Joyful Noise Neighborhood Music School. There she continued to have one of the largest studio classes of both instruments for two years. Currently, Manda continues teaching in Boston, MA through Takelessons and Musika as well as through her own personal network.
Outside of her performances and teaching, Manda has held positions as a fundraiser and administrator at the Verb Ballet company in Ohio, the Boston University Tanglewood Institute in Massachusettes, the Brooke Charter Schools in Massachusettes, as well as the New England Historic Genealogical Society. Using her skills learned in these positions, as well as from working with mentor Dr. David Cutler, Manda uses an entrepreneurial and logistical mind set when running Manda's Music. You will be met with a professional atmosphere and efficently run lessons and administration.
*** Lesson Details ***
Students can expect to have their at-home-work as well as practice techniques written out in a journal for their reference every week. We will begin working slowly so the student and I feel comfortable with each other, as well as with the instrument. Each student is different, so there is no timeline that is set to work from. We work at a pace that is comfortable yet continuously challenging for the student. Over all, Manda works to acheive her goal for students to gain an appreciation for music, and look forward to coming to lessons each week.
*** Studio Equipment ***
The lesson spaces include stands, pianos, and chairs.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I will provide pens, pencils, metronome, tuner, and small repair equipment. I expect students to bring their instrument (for clarinet only), assigned music, assignment journal, and specified instrument equipment (i.e. reeds, swab, cork grease, etc).
*** Specialties ***
Classical music, popular music, and beginning jazz.
The International Clarinet Association is a community of clarinetists and clarinet enthusiasts that supports projects that will benefit clarinet performance; provides opportunities for the exchange of ideas, materials, and information among its members; fosters the composition, publication, recording, and distribution of music for the clarinet; encourages the research and manufacture of a more definitive clarinet; avoids commercialism in any form while encouraging communication and cooperation among clarinetists and the music industry; and encourages and promotes the performance and teaching of a wide variety of repertoire for the clarinet.
· Piano · In studio She was very patient with my 6 yrs old daughter, very sweet and perfessional teacher!
· Piano · In home Manda is great ~ my daughter loved her!! She's so warm & friendly!
· Clarinet · In studio Manda meets me where I am, without judgement, and provides the feedback I need to get to where I want to go. She is flexible and incredibly responsive.
· Piano · In studio My daughter, Dora, has enjoyed learning Piano lessons with her teacher, Manda. She really entertains herself practicing Piano at home after the lessons.
· Clarinet · Online Manda has helped me begin my journey to learn the Clarinet. Her precise guidance and easy method of communication has provided a fun and rewarding experience.
· Piano · In studio Manda is just the perfect teacher. She is an expert pianist, very kind and patient with the students. Her commitment to the students is incredible.
I highly recommend Manda as a teacher either for piano or clarinet.
· Clarinet · In studio Approachable, efficient, knowledgeable!
· Piano · In studio Manda is super nice and a great piano teacher to my 7 year old daughter! My daughter looks forward to her lessons each week.
· Piano · In studio I am in my mid-20s, and I just started to learn piano. I do have an experience of learning piano as a little kid, but it wasn't fun. It was tedious, non-inspiring, and simply boring. Since I slowly developed interest in classical music as I grew up, learning to play piano is one thing I wanted to do for quite a long time.
Nevertheless, I had plenty of anxiety starting something new as an adult. Aside of that, I don't own a piano, and most of the lessons seemed to be dedicated to children.
As a new year's resolution, I determined to find a way to learn. Then I found 'takelessons', which makes paying for and scheduling/rescheduling lessons an easy task. Subsequently I found Manda, who had excellent qualifications and credentials, along with near-perfect reviews.
Now I am very happy that I started and I feel extremely lucky to have Manda as my first-as-a-grownup teacher. She is very knowledgeable and forgiving. These qualities of her makes learning piano very interesting, which is often not the case since inevitably a lot of repetition follows with learning.
What used to be an awful Monday, which most grownups would agree on, transformed to an exciting time to explore a part of the world I haven't exposed to that much. Juggling work and practice isn't so bad as I thought so far. I look forward to keep learning from Manda, to accomplish my goal of playing piano pieces that I love listening to.
· Piano · In studio Manda is currently teaching piano to both of my kids. My daughter is 8 years old and my son is 6. They had both had a some lessons before moving to the area and the transition has been wonderful. She is really good with kids and I see them more motivated to practice on their own. She is very professional and makes things easy on the parents as well as far as scheduling, timeliness, and communication. My kids are enjoying their piano lessons and I look forward to see their progress with Manda.