- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello everyone! I've been singing since the age of 3 and performing since the age of 6. I am not only an experienced music teacher with a passion for music and teaching, but an experienced performer, and songwriter. I started performing at a young age with the Columbia School of Theatrical Arts, and as I grew older I studied different techniques such as speech level singing, classical, and even techniques from Brett Manning, one of the most amazing vocal coaches today who teaches artists such as Haley Williams from Paramore. I have experience performing many styles of music, and also was a voice major in college. The students I teach will benefit from my contemporary techniques, and can learn to sing in almost any style of music they choose.
*** Lesson Details ***
Do you want to learn how to sing your favorite song just like the artist? I can teach you the techniques! Or how about how to make a cover song your own based off of your own unique voice? We can work together to find, develop, and build the amazing qualities that you have in your voice. I will not only work on aspects of what you would like to improve on with your voice personally, but I will make an individual plan for you that will dramatically improve your voice! I will work with you individually to strengthen any weakness you may have in a fun environment. I am fun, encouraging and motivating! When asking students to do any vocal exercises, I will explain what the certain exercise does to improve your voice so that you can have the knowledge you need to be a good vocalist, and not just know how to sing properly. You will learn many things in lessons and what I teach you will vary on where you are vocally.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I can provide a keyboard, CD, Boom box, music sheets, etc. Students do not need to provide anything.
*** Specialties ***
Speech level singing method, classical techniques, singing success, various genres including: pop, blues, contemporary, and musical theatre. I utilize the different techniques I have learned through proper classical training, but mix it with contemporary methods I have learned from speech level singing methods.
Taught group piano lessons for kids after school in the Deer Valley district, taught group adult classes inside of community centers, as well as taught private instruction on piano.
I was the music teacher for ages K-8th grade. I taught general Music Education, and put on the schools productions (teaching singing, acting, dancing, etc).
· Singing · In home I have been taking lesson's with Lynzi for three weeks now. Lynzi is a great singing teacher! She listens to your struggles and makes tips/suggestions on ways to make it better. In addition, even when I'm not at a lesson I know she is only a text or call away if I need help or guidance. In our singing lessons, she pushes me to try new things- things that may be uncomfortable at first. She doesn't get frustrated or mad if you miss a note/ can't get it. In the past three weeks, I have learned so much from her and about me.
· Singing · In studio We love Lynzie! My daughter has been going to her for about 6 weeks now and I've already noticed a difference in her voice. She makes the whole experience fun and exciting!
· Singing · In home Daughter had fun and exactly what we were looking for. Lynzi knowledgeable and went right into action with lessons and respectful. Thanks
· Singing · In studio Lynzi made
Micah feel comfortable at her first lesson. She is excited to continue.
· Singing · In studio My first lesson was spot on. Lynzi has a good grasp of the fundamentals and I am confident she will get me on the right path. Easy to work with and takes a genuine interest in her student's success.
· Piano · In studio Lynzi has been giving me lessons since August and I have improved a lot. When I started with her I was struggling with rhythm and tempo but once we started she made everything seem so easy. She explains everything so well and makes sure you understand. I have had many piano teachers but Lynzi has been the best piano teacher that I have had so far. Lynzi cares about the lesson and the person taking it.
· Singing · In studio As an older student with some musical experience, Lynzi did a great job of targeting what I need to work on to improve my voice. I've got exercises to work with at home and I'm excited for my second lesson. I was nervous for all of about 2 seconds; Lynzi quickly put me at ease.
· Singing · In home Lynzi is so patient with my daughter and brings out her natural talent and confidence. We absolutely love her!
· Singing · In home My 12-yr old daughter had a great experience with Lynzi. Lynzi spoke to my daughter with respect and provided age-appropriate instruction and practice. This was my daughter's first experience with private lessons, so we were both a little unsure of what to expect, but Lynzi exceeded our expectations. As a parent, I especially liked how she would recap for me what happened during the lesson and what my daughter should be working on before next time. Her in-home environment was also pleasant, safe and comfortable. After the first lesson, I felt very comfortable leaving my daughter there for her lessons. The entire experience has been a pleasant one!
· Singing · In studio A good start for our first lesson. I feel comfortable with Lynzi, and look forward to future sessions.