- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been studying voice and piano and performing on stage in various capacities since I was a small child, acting professionally on stage, in films and TV for most of my adult life. I've been blessed to study with countless music luminaries in varying genres, from jazz and classical to rock n' roll and blues.
I studied music at the university level both at Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA and The New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music in NYC. I received my BFA in Jazz Vocal Performance from The New School in 2008. I was given an incredible foundation in ear-training, music theory, composition, arranging and song-writing through these institutions.
My acting training is equally many-faceted and I have an incredibly strong foundation based in the teachings of Sanford Meisner, Stanislavsky, Lee Strasberg and Larry Moss. I use the knowledge of these great teachers along with the wisdom I've accumulated from MY mentors over the years in my teaching and coaching.
In addition to teaching children of varying ages and adults voice and piano, I also help in leading the "Young Rockers" summer camp for children 6-11. We get the kids to learn a full set of music where they sing and play a variety of instruments, culminating in a performance on the last day for friends and family.
The Savage Kings was a band that I lead in NYC. I wrote and arranged all of the music and lead band practices. We performed my original music at venues throughout NYC.
At the New School I studied with the best in the business - countless jazz legends. In additional to studied voice I also studied piano as well.
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
SAG-AFTRA represents approximately 160,000 actors, announcers, broadcast journalists, dancers, DJs, news writers, news editors, program hosts, puppeteers, recording artists, singers, stunt performers, voiceover artists and other media professionals. SAG-AFTRA members are the faces and voices that entertain and inform America and the world. With national offices in Los Angeles and New York, and local offices nationwide, SAG-AFTRA members work together to secure the strongest protections for media artists into the 21st century and beyond.
· Piano · In home Lynn is stellar. Her background and training are substantial and impressive. She is prompt, courteous, calm and absolutely wonderful with our daughter (Age 9) who has challenges focusing and staying on task. Lynn is kind, but navigates the lessons confidently, fluidly and with a focused energy. She works with our daughter's playfulness, incorporates humor and positive, encouraging energy into every lesson. Our daughter has shown signs of great improvement with Lynn. Lynn assigns tasks and practicing points each week for our daughter to work on which are balanced and also bring in a component of improvisation, which is SO helpful for kids who have challenges with focusing. Lynn is awesome, highly recommend!
· Piano · In home Lynn is amazing!! Not only do my children love her as a person (they literally wait at the window on Wednesday nights) but she knows how to keep them engaged and interested in learning throughout their lessons. My son has learned to play actual songs in less than 10 lessons. Can't recommend her enough!