Louis J. has over 20 years of experience playing and teaching piano. He has traveled across the states performing and opening for various artists such as Jonathan Butler and Donnie McClurklin. Mr. J. studied classical piano with Patricia King and studied jazz piano with Harry Appleman at Montgomery College. He received his B.S. degree from High Point University.
While in college, he studied music theory and music composition. His musical influences range from Mozart to Oscar Peterson. Although his primary instrument is piano, he also plays guitar, bass, drums, and the organ. He currently serves as the Director of Music at a local church in Alexandria, Va. Mr. J. performs regularly throughout the DC metro area as a studio session musician, music director, and accompanist.
· Piano · In studio Very patient and truly connects with the student!
· Piano · In home Really appreciate Louis working me into his schedule and listening to me about what I hope to get out of piano lessons. He is a thoughtful teacher and I am excited about learning a lot from him.
· Piano · In home Our 9-year old daughter has now had 5 lessons with Louis. The difference between these lessons and the lessons with her previous teacher are night and day. She is excited about the lessons, looks forward to each one, and enjoys practicing. She loves piano again. Louis is absolutely brilliant. He combines a strong classical foundation with enjoyable modern songs, which he often transposes or simplifies himself to the level of his students at that time. He makes the lessons fun and engaging. As a piano player myself, I've had many teachers over the years, and Louis is the best I've seen. I'm tempted to start lessons for myself again!
· Piano · In home Louis is a great teacher who is very actively engaged and makes lessons both very educational and fun. After this first lesson, our daughter is so excited to be learning with him. What a difference a good teacher can make.
· Guitar · In home Great first lesson with my son. Louis connected immediately and we look forward to continued progress. Thanks