I'm Lothair E, originally from Chicago. I'm a great lover of all music! I've been singing since I was 5 years old. Got my BFA in Musical Theatre from Carnegie Mellon University, and have been singing and acting all over the world for the last 27 years. I've worked extensively in Europe.. Germany , the UK, and New Zealand. In the States I've done Off Broadway, and regional theatre. Roles I've played are Papa the Old Steam Train in STARLIGHT EXPRESS 2,976 performances, Sister Mary Hubert in the Original Off Broadway production of NUNSENSE A-MEN, The Voice of the Plant in LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS as well as many others. Its important to enjoy the work you are doing. We can have a good laugh while working, but I can also push a little harder when necessary.
I taught several classes, with age range from 6 years old to Adult.
· Singing · In studio So friendly, fun and encouraging!! Can't wait to take my next lesson :)
· Singing · In studio Lothair is an amazing teacher. He is very attentive and quick to gather your strengths and weaknesses. If there is an exercise that is giving you a hard time, he is patient, but actively tries to find tricks and tips to help you better grasp the concept. He is very thorough when teaching breathing and singing techniques. Lothair gives positive feedback, as well as constructive criticism, which is essential when honing in on a skill such as singing. Not only is he a great teacher, he is a wonderful person and brings so much joy to every class. As a naturally shy person, it typically takes a while for me to feel comfortable around someone, so I was pleasantly surprised at how effortlessly he made me feel at ease. I am so grateful to be able to learn from Lothair.
· Singing · In studio A wonderful and amazing teacher.
· Musical Theater · In studio Gets your strengths and weaknesses at once. Gives breathing and singing techniques in a very clear way while being supportive of one's effort. Emanates professional positive friendly energy. Great teacher!
· Singing · In studio I love, love, LOVE Lothair! I'm an actress who's looking to learn a tune and Lothair is so welcoming and supportive even when all I'm comfortable doing is singing "la la la." He's warm, welcoming and friendly, so class never feels like a chore, I'd give him more stars if I could, he is one!
· Singing · Online Probably the best teacher you can get!
He has incredible experience and loves what he is doing.
Lothair knows a lot of techniques and more importantly, he knows how to teach them! Online Lessons work very easy. Had no problems the last years! Always excited for the next lesson with him, as he is a very nice person who is really interested in teaching and improving you and not just in making money. He knows that he is successful, when you are successful. Lothair knows how it works and your in the best hands with him! ;) cheers, Victor
· Singing · Online Lothair provided voice lessons to my son over a couple years and has transformed my son from someone afraid to sing into a high schooler studying musical theater. My son now spontaneously breaks into song at any moment around the house. We credit Lothair with systematically building up his confidence, skills, and love of singing. Even more astonishingly, Lothair did all of this via Skype lessons from Europe (at that time), while my son is in the US! We are extremely grateful.
· Singing · In studio I had singing lessons with Lothair while he worked as a singing teacher in Germany. I was very happy to have such a patient and motivational coach! We had a lot of fun together and it was very easy to get a trustful handling. I learned a lot during my lessons, not only about my breathing technique, also about how to "feel" a song. I was very sad to loose Lothair as my teacher, when he left Germany! I recommend Lothair with full 5 stars!!!!