- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been professionally singing and taking voice lessons since the age of 9! I went through various styles in my love and performance of music, starting with the Beatles, Aretha Franklin and all of Motown, Jazz (Ella Fitzgerald), R&B, and Classical/Opera (starting when I was in high school and attending Interlochen Arts Camp)...
Having received a Bachelor's of Music in Voice (Music Theatre Performance) from NYU, I stayed in NYC after graduation performing in musical theatre and theatre, mostly in the city.
In 2009, I decided to apply to the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts, with the intent to broaden my range of skill and opportunity as a performer, but also with the intention to teach, with the higher degree strengthening this possibility. I began to teach voice lessons to fellow students while at LAMDA. When I returned to NYC, I began to build my own voice studio in of post-graduate students and adults looking to further develop their vocal practice or begin a vocal practice. I found that in my vocal lessons, I was using physical exercises as for the actor, to incorporate in my private teaching method. I believe in doing, not only watching and observing. This, in conjunction with movement and full-body execution, opens the student vocally and emotionally. I chose to go to LAMDA because the classical training and approach to theatre training in England is extremely physical. They work from the outside in, and I find that the language of the body is universal to students of any intellectual capacity, and I strive to bring this into my approach in any type of teaching format!
*** Lesson Details ***
I teach voice lessons to adults and young students who are beginning their vocal training practice, as well as those who are accomplished singers and performers and want to take their singing and performance to the next level! I use my skills as an accomplished vocalist and teacher to empower my students to find their own voice and learn to express a story through song. I enable my students to hone their craft and find their own style of expression through the exploration of music in a multitude of genres and cultures.
*** Studio Equipment ***
I have a Stuyvesant style piano in my home studio. I also have a vast collection of repertoire.
*** Specialties ***
Singing for Music Theatre
Acting: Audition Coaching / Performance
Speech & Dialects
CWP's Teaching Artist Training and Internship Program (TATIP) entails a rigorous, 25-week curriculum designed to prepare practicing artists to transfer their talent to the classroom and provides supervised on-the-job experience with classroom teachers. CWP also conducts Summer Institute, a nationally acclaimed professional development intensive for Teaching Artists who have at least two years of experience in the classroom. Summer Institute broadens Teaching Artists' skills and creates a national dialogue of innovative practice.
Theatre Teaching Artist
Working with School Collaborations with Teachers in the classroom
Literacy through the Arts
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
An American labor union that represents 8,000 current and retired opera singers, ballet and other dancers, opera directors, backstage production personnel at opera and dance companies, and figure skaters.
· Singing · In home Liza immediately made me feel welcome and encouraged! I am so excited to continue working with her
· Singing · In home Liza was very warm and open and helped me get back into the swing of things after being out of practice for a while
· Singing · Online Lizzie loves taking lessons with Liza. Nancy (me, grandma) is the name connected with the account, but Lizzie is the gal taking the lessons. We- Liz, her mom and I are thrilled to have found Liza since this is the perfect match. Not only that, Liza is so much in touch with her student that she teaches her exactly what she needs to learn. We couldn't have found a more perfect teacher for Lizzie! We all hope that Liza will be Lizzie's vocal teacher for many more years.
· Singing · In studio Simple the best
· Singing · In studio Liza is an amazing teacher! I was nervous to start taking singing lessons, but she made me feel comfortable and makes each lesson fun. She's very patient and supportive and lets you know that it's okay to mess up and you don't have to sound perfect because it's all part of the learning experience. She really shows how much she cares about wanting you to reach whatever goal you have in mind. I always look forward to my weekly lessons with Liza and highly recommend her.
· Singing · Online Liz had a very good experience with her new teacher today. Her mom said she had a proper warm up before singing a song. Liza selected a song for her to practice that fit her style and voice. We are all very happy to have Liza as a voice teacher and are looking for very positive results.
· Singing · In studio Liza is such an amazing, talented teacher. She is incredibly supportive and open to working with you on whatever goal you have in mind. I came to her with just a little prior experience. Since seeing her I have seen an improvement in my vocal range and have learned how to open up my voice. I plan to continuing to seeing her through the future and highly recommend her to anyone looking to improve their vocal skills.
· Singing · In studio Liza is an amazing teacher! My fiance bought me singing lessons for my birthday with Liza and I was a complete beginner. She made me feel so comfortable and made our lessons so much fun. I feel like I learned so much and improved in only 5 lessons. I would absolutely recommend her - she is very talented and knowledgeable. Thank you Liza!
· Acting · In studio My daughter had a wonderful experience working with Liza. At 10 years old, with no prior acting experience, Liza helped her prepare for a monologue for a school audition. She was patient and fun and exposed her to a variety of great monologue options. Liza has a really sweet way of making kids feel special and proud and I would highly recommend her as an acting/singing coach!
· Singing · In studio Liza is a fantastic teacher! I hadn't sung in a long time and was nervous to get back into it. Liza not only made me feel very comfortable at my first lesson, but also made it a ton of fun! During future sessions she was also very good at helping me develop goals and determine what I wanted to accomplish during my lessons. When I had a chance to sing in front of people, Liza was incredibly supportive and quick to respond to any questions I had over email to help me prepare outside of lessons as well.
Liza is an incredibly dedicated voice teacher and is extremely knowledgeable. In just the first few lessons, the corrections she gave me helped me improve my vocal range, strength, and technique. I would definitely recommend Liza as a teacher!