- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 0Males 0 and up
A native of Long Island, NY, Ms. Corey is a new resident of San Diego (Chula Vista area), CA. With a Bachelor's degree from James Madison University (Virginia) and a Master's Degree from Boston University (Massachusetts), Ms. Corey just finished a 2-year tour with the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) in Naples, Italy, teaching 7-12 grade students of the U.S. Navy and NATO. Ms. Corey is a choir director, orchestra director, theatre director, and music education advocate, with extensive experience in choirs, musical theatre, vocal health, beginning strings, AP music theory, and much more! Check out more at facebook.com/lisaecoreymusic
The San Diego Master Chorale is the premier choral ensemble in San Diego. Please see http://www.sdmasterchorale.org/ for more information.
The San Diego Pro Arte Voices is a professional chamber choir that promotes choral singing and music education among the community. For more information, please see http://sdproartevoices.org/
• Primary director of 3 choirs: Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced
• Primary director of Orchestra
• Teacher of High School Level Drama
• Sponsor for Drama Club/Director of Annual Musical (Beauty and the Beast & The Music Man)
• Sponsor for National Honor Society
• Primary director of two choirs and secondary director for three choirs
• Responsible for all elements of: AP Music Theory and Music Theory
• Sponsor for the Tri-M Music Honor Society
• Sponsor for the female and male a capella groups
• Sponsor for Euphony, a extra-curricular community service performance group
• Taught one section of Guitar from 2011-2012
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
National Association for Music Education (NAfME), among the world’s largest arts education organizations, is the only association that addresses all aspects of music education. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers. The Association orchestrates success for millions of students nationwide and has supported music educators at all teaching levels for more than a century.
Founded in 1959, the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) is a nonprofit music-education organization whose expressed purposes outline the associations dedication to the advancement of choral music. The mission of ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
· Musical Theater · In studio I had the honor of being instructed by Ms. Corey for two separate musical productions ("Beauty and the Beast" and "The Music Man"). Both experiences were very educational and she was able to create an impressive show out of minimal selection of resources. Ms. Corey has my highest recommendation.
· Choir · In studio Ms. Corey is a wonderful teacher and a great director. She is flexible, knowledgable, and will not hesitate to challenge you and push you to be your best.
· Choir · In studio Ms.Corey is the best choir teacher I have ever had! She knows how to have fun while still staying on task. She made me feel VERY comfortable whenever I was in her class and she made me feel very welcomed.... would totally recommend
· Broadway Singing · In studio Ms. Corey is such a positive teacher and encourages you every step of the way. Whether you are just starting singing, or whether you have been participating in it for many years, I promise you will learn something.
· Choir · In studio Out of all of my experiences in singing and choir, Ms. Corey has by far been the absolute best. She definitely knows her craft, and after working with her you will feel extremely improved (no matter where you currently stand). Since having her class I feel like I've become a stronger singer, in both style and technique, and I saw significant changes in my range. And don't try to sell her off as a stereotypical choir teacher: she's funny and incredibly kind to her students, and your progression is truly her personal interest. It may be strong to say, but to me, she's anyone's best option.
· Classical Voice · In studio Lisa is an amazing instructor! I highly recommend her services if you are looking for professional and well-organized voice lessons. My child flourished under Lisa's tutelage! I promise you will not be disappointed!
Thank you so much, Lisa!
· Musical Theater · In studio Was always prepared and very organized to assist in anything that I needed. Knowledgeable about the technical side of musical theater and vocal preparation for performances.
· Choir · In studio I have had Lisa for two years and three classes. I have had her for beginning orchestra, beginning choir, and intermediate choir. She is very organized and explains mistakes and things we are not understanding very well. Best of all, she makes everything fun!
· Choir · In studio She was a great instructor, because she was always positive, encouraging students to do there best, and gave us fun, challenging, and awesome music to sing.
· Choir · In home She is the most amazing teacher ive ever had. She took care of us like we were her own kids. Ive learned so much from her as a singer and an actress. She is really chill and cool haha, i love ms corey!!! <3