A native of Long Island, NY, Ms. Corey is a new resident of San Diego (Chula Vista area), CA. With a Bachelor's degree from James Madison University (Virginia) and a Master's Degree from Boston University (Massachusetts), Ms. Corey just finished a 2-year tour with the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) in Naples, Italy, teaching 7-12 grade students of the U.S. Navy and NATO. Ms. Corey is a choir director, orchestra director, theatre director, and music education advocate, with extensive experience in choirs, musical theatre, vocal health, beginning strings, AP music theory, and much more! Check out more at facebook.com/lisaecoreymusic
The San Diego Master Chorale is the premier choral ensemble in San Diego. Please see http://www.sdmasterchorale.org/ for more information.
The San Diego Pro Arte Voices is a professional chamber choir that promotes choral singing and music education among the community. For more information, please see http://sdproartevoices.org/
• Primary director of 3 choirs: Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced
• Primary director of Orchestra
• Teacher of High School Level Drama
• Sponsor for Drama Club/Director of Annual Musical (Beauty and the Beast & The Music Man)
• Sponsor for National Honor Society
• Primary director of two choirs and secondary director for three choirs
• Responsible for all elements of: AP Music Theory and Music Theory
• Sponsor for the Tri-M Music Honor Society
• Sponsor for the female and male a capella groups
• Sponsor for Euphony, a extra-curricular community service performance group
• Taught one section of Guitar from 2011-2012
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
National Association for Music Education (NAfME), among the world’s largest arts education organizations, is the only association that addresses all aspects of music education. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers. The Association orchestrates success for millions of students nationwide and has supported music educators at all teaching levels for more than a century.
Founded in 1959, the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) is a nonprofit music-education organization whose expressed purposes outline the associations dedication to the advancement of choral music. The mission of ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.