- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
Audiences throughout the U.S. have heard Ecuadorian and Puerto-Rican Mezzo-Soprano Linda C. at venues including Carnegie Hall, the U.N., Lincoln Center, the United Palace Theater, and Repertorio Español, as well as in theaters throughout Europe. Described as having a voice that is “elastic and luxurious…” (Ars Raving Mad), Linda began her 2018/19 season as a part of Martina Arroyo’s Prelude to Performance. She later went on to perform as an Apprentice Artist in Sarasota Opera’s Winter 2019 season, and just recently sang the role of María Magdalena in El Caminante de Nazaret and as a soloist in Ben Yarmolinsky's The Constitution with the Vertical Player Repertory Theater.
Linda has made appearances with the New York Lyric Opera Theater at Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall and made her Italian operatic debut as La Cesca in Puccini’s Gianni Schicchi with Si Parla, si canta and Centro Studi Italiani in 2017.
In addition to her operatic career, Ms. C. has also showcased her vocal versatility in her concert and recital work. She has performed as a soloist with various orchestras and ensembles throughout New York City including the Mimesis Ensemble, Queens College Choral Society, Voces Unidas, and the Cantanti Project, performing in concerts, recitals and galas showcasing oratorio, new music, and Spanish opera, zarzuela, art song, popular song, and baroque music.
Her recent awards include first prize in the Friday Woodmere Music Club’s Young Artist Competition and first prize in the Bronx Arts Ensemble Young Artist Competition.
Linda received her Bachelor of Music in Vocal Performance from The Aaron Copland School of Music at Queens College. She was a CUNY Macaulay Honors Scholar, Richard and Mica Hadar Foundation Scholar, and the recipient of several prestigious awards including the Jane and Paul Smaldone Memorial Scholarship, the Helene B. Giudice Award, the Erik Horlick Memorial Award, and The Claire Bartels Freshman Award.
When she is not performing, Linda loves to teach and has five years of experience teaching both voice and beginner-intermediate piano.
• Teach a small group of children ages 7 to 10 how to sing in an ensemble by assigning different songs every few months and rehearsing the music in weekly one-hour sessions, with the goal of performing in a concert at the end of each semester.
• Engage the students in a fun environment in which they learn about team work by practicing how to sing music of all styles together, including folk and classical.
• Train voice and piano students of all ages, including children, teenagers, adults, and the elderly, by giving weekly lessons ranging from 30 minutes to one hour, and assigning music to study and practice each week.
• Prepare students for auditions, including prestigious performing arts high schools such as Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School and the NYSSMA exam; which led to students successful passing of the NYSSMA exam.
• Instructed a diverse group of children between ages 7 to 15 in group and private lessons to hone their performance skills, reach their musical and acting goals, and teach them musical literacy.
• Monitored all students to ensure they were in a safe and welcoming environment to best support their learning experience.
Linda is a vey experienced teacher,
She worked well with my 9 yr old son!
My daugther has been taking piano lessons for about 1 month and it's amazing how fast she's learning, also Ms Linda is so patient as a teacher and my daugther feels so confortable as i do myself while i wait for her class to finish. I highly recomended her. 🤗Show More