With a Masters in Music Performance from The Ohio State University, and an accredited Suzuki violin teacher from training program at The School for Strings, NYC. I have 6 years private teaching experience and 1 year group class teaching experience at Jefferson Academy at The Ohio State University. I am able to work with different ages of students with patience and passion.
*** Lesson Details ***
I use Suzuki violin books for beginners. In this series, I would like students to follow the order of each piece to build up their violin skill. I emphasize building a strong foundation of a good body posture including bow-hold. For more advanced student, we can use Suzuki book 4 or above and other similar level repertoire to build up their musicality and the knowledge of each composer.
I've been teaching piano for 3 years. Within the first few lessons, you'll be able to learn basic piano-playing posture and the basic knowledge on piano. As time goes on, you'll be able to reach to intermediate level. I typically use Faber piano book series.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Violin and music stand
*** Travel Equipment ***
I bring my violin with me, students should have their own instruments (violin/piano) and a music stand (for violin students).
*** Specialties ***
I teach classical violin and piano.
Beginning to Intermediate Piano Lesson for All Ages.
Beginning to Advanced Violin Lesson for All Ages.
An accredited Suzuki Violin Teacher.
Certified violin teacher
· Violin · In home My daughter shared that she liked Lily and Lily knew her stuff! Very satisfied with the first lesson.
· Violin · In home Lily is a great instructor. She knows how to communicate with students and how to hold them accountable so they can have self discipline. Her teaching method also effective as she showing students how to get better step by step.
· · Lily has been teaching violin to my 10 years old son for the past 10 months. We find her to be kind, patient, positive, and understanding. She is not overly strict nor critical, which fits well with my son's personality. She is mind-mannered so we do not feel pressure or discouraged when you are just learning and making mistakes. We are pleased with the progress my son has made in the past 10 months.
· Violin · In home It has been several months now since my ten year old son switched to Lily. Lily has been doing a wonderful job on motivating my son who used to dread of going to violin lessons a lot. In addition to being patient and encouraging, Lily's musical expertise is also incredible.
· Violin · In home Ms. Fang is a very knowledgeable and patient instructor. I would highly recommend studying with her. Her enthusiasm is contagious!
· Violin · In studio Nice and patient, great teacher :)