- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
With 25 years experience playing & studying piano and teaching for nearly a decade, I offer dynamic and personalized music lessons that are focused but fun. I have a deep passion for music and pedagogy and overall want to share and harbor that passion while giving students the skills they need to succeed. I create an environment where the student can improve as a player and musician and have fun while doing it! I specialize in classical & pop styles but offer students an introductory to jazz and other contemporary styles such as metal and rock. Sight-reading, intervallic reading, hand posture, and effective practice strategies are all basic tenants of my instruction as is developing musical fingers and ears. Theory is integrated with an emphasis on chords, melody, and song structure. I encourage songs of the student's choice to be explored by means of sheet music, lead-sheet, or transcribing together by ear. As a singer-songwriter and having studied both classical and contemporary voice with a thorough understanding of proper vocal technique, I offer beginning voice lessons and encourage my piano students to explore their voices with me as well!
Lilli L. began formal piano lessons at the young age of three-and-a-half in Sacramento, California, after her parents noticed a daily habit of climbing the piano bench. She studied classical piano on and off for thirteen years before expanding her musical repertoire to other genres and instruments. At 16 she began singing and songwriting on guitar and piano, and at 18 inherited a drum set she played daily. She resumed private piano instruction with a new teacher, Tatiana Scott, and completed all required music theory, jazz theory, and ear-training courses at college under the tutelage of Tatiana and noted jazz pianist and professor Dr. Joe Gilman. She continued on to study classical voice at College of Marin after a move to the bay area in 2013, and studied contemporary voice with Amber Morris.
Despite extensive traveling and joining the workforce at a young age, by her early twenties music instruction had become her sole profession. Since then she has been thoroughly dedicated to her students’ success and is credited for having a sharp intuition for her students’ musical preferences and learning styles, and for being a sensitive and empathetic mentor. With such a broad range of musical tastes she is happy and able to teach a spectrum of musical styles on piano and in voice. Despite great success teaching music in Marin County, she relocated to finish her degree in piano performance and currently resides in the Upper East Side of New York, New York teaching, studying, and songwriting, and singing.
Whether it's a hobby or a serious endeavor, she welcomes all students and coordinates with them based on their goals and learning style.
· Piano · In home I'm 7 years old and I had a great experience. Lilli is very kind and I had a great pleasure to learn with her. She taught me in french.
· Vocal Training · In home Very likable and warm. Daughter liked her a lot and wanted more lessons.
· Vocal Training · In home Great! Friendly and combines singing with science. Very cool
· Piano · In home Lilli is an excellent teacher of adults. She indulges me by playing and teaching me my favorites, but also gets down to business with the essentials of learning. I'm motivated to come home from work and practice and look forward to our lessons every week.
· Piano · In home Very good. Playing Carnegie hall next week :)
· Piano · In home Lili came to our home with a big smile and very good energy. My daughter took her first piano lesson with Lili and she already can not wait for next week.
· Piano · In studio I was Lilli's student for a bit over two years and I had zero regrets being taught by her. We formed a bond where it had not only felt as though she was my teacher but rather also a friend. Lilli was patient with me. I had days where I just felt out of it and she understood. I learned a lot from her musically and life-wise. I enjoyed her way of teaching. She is the greatest piano teacher that I'll ever have.
· Piano · In home Lilli was my son's piano teacher for about a year and a half before she moved back East to further her own music education. As a 20 year veteran music teacher in California public schools (with a Bachelors of Music), I must say that Lilli is that "once in a lifetime" piano teacher that you will feel so fortunate to have crossed paths. She knows how to connect with children and gets them to tap into their inherent natural talent. Lilli knows how to effectively research age/talent appropriate music that children get excited about, which translates to self guided practice and mastery. Lilli works efficiently and really gets a lot accomplished in her lessons. Her recitals are very low key and supportive, at the same time she really puts the children in a place to shine. I doubt that you will find another piano teacher that can offer the wide variety of musical talents that Lilli possess. She is a serious educator, with an outstanding work ethic, and a great sense of humor. She's only been gone a week, and we miss her already!
· Piano · In home Lilli is a wondeful piano teacher! She can teach anything from beginners to very advanced students and always teaches them somthing new. Her metthods of teaching uses multiple modalities. including listening, to the notes, sight reading, memorizing, fine motor finger memory, and using singing to understand a piece. She is very personable and ended up being a friend and member of our extended family. She is always cheerful and friendly. The best teacher ever!
· Piano · In studio Lilli is a great teacher! My daughter loves working with her! She's very patient, understanding, upbeat and happy!