- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I started playing the trumpet 29 years ago in my elementary school's concert band in New Orleans. Since 1993 I've been performing professionally around the world as a Jazz musician. The world has given me the opportunity to learn from world class musicians from the streets of New Orleans and Jackson Square to the classrooms of institutionalized learning. I studied for 2 years at the University of New Orleans,under the great jazz pianist, Ellis Marsalis, after which I continued my professional career joining the oldest, still performing Jazz band in the world, The Original Tuxedo Jazz Band led by one of my mentors Bob French. Simultaneously, I was asked to create and lead a horn section for the Latin Billboard Award winning/Grammy Nominated band Los Hombres Calientes . Also, from that time to present I perform around the world extensively as a featured trumpeter/vocalist performing New Orleans' Traditional Jazz Music. I began teaching professionally around 2011 when I joined the faculty at the Don Jamison Heritage School of Music in New Orleans as the brass instructor where I also teach theory and Jazz. I've done clinics (internationally) and taught students of all ages. I really believe that when you have a desire to do something (like learn to play trumpet), your desire is a signal that you have the potential to be great at it! I can't wait to help you be great!
Here I teach students the fundamentals of playing brass instruments, beginner music theory and New Orleans style Brass Band.
2016 I completed my residency there where I was giving weekly performances with my Jazz Quartet.
JEN was formed in 2008 to help bring together the jazz arts community. It hosts an annual conference with concerts presented by students and professionals, a student jazz festival, workshops, research presentations and an exhibition area with manufacturers, retailers, schools and other jazz related organizations. JEN also offers many educational programs, from an outreach program, to mentoring and scholarships.
The Red Rocks Music Festival educates, engages and challenges audiences through a unique collaboration of musicians from leading Arizona performing arts organizations and world acclaimed artists. An integral part of the Festival’s mission is education. Master classes and workshops enable young musicians to learn skills from master musicians. The festival provides outreach educational music programs that inspire students to appreciate and continue their interest in the arts.
Broadcast Music Inc. was founded in 1939 by forward-thinkers who wanted to represent songwriters in emerging genres, like jazz, blues and country, and protect the public performances of their music. Operating on a non-profit-making basis, BMI is now the largest music rights organization in the U.S. and is still nurturing new talent and new music.
· Trumpet · Online Very valuable session. Leon has a calming and patient manner. I myself am a master's degree carrying teacher so I appreciate good instruction.
· Trumpet · Online Leon is the total package. He is a professional musician ( has his own Jazz quartet, checkout You Tube), a highly recognized musical instructor in the great city of New Orleans and very patient with his students individual abilities. He can make you into whatever level of trumpeter you aspire to if you do
your part as a student. You will be fortunate and blessed to have him as a teacher.None better.
· Trumpet · Online Leon is a great teacher!
· Trumpet · I have had the pleasure of working alongside Leon for ten plus years in many musical situations. Including the education side. His dedication to music playing and education is unsurpassed. Leon will treat your lessons with responsibility and respect. You will you become a better musician if you give him your time and energy. Leon has a vast knowledge of tools in his arsenal to help you reach your full potential. You will also have fun working with him. I personally have learned a great deal in just being a friend and colleague of Leon's. Also he is one of the coolest dudes you will ever meet in your life!
· · In studio Had the pleasure of touring with Leon in Europe, I found him to be very focused but relaxed and cool to be around on and off stage as he naturally makes one feel at ease.
He is a consummate professional and a wonderful ambassador of New Orleans Culture & Musicianship and as a result he has been well received by audiences internationally.
I am a professional vocalist of 25 years experience based in the UK and feel I learnt a great deal in his company and can highly recommend Leon Brown Snr.
A natural communicator and teacher in workshop and performance
· Trumpet · I am proud and honored to be a friend and fellow musician of Leon Brown's. He is a professional, talented, committed and honorable artist and I am impressed with his superior talent and attention to the discipline of his craft. He is an excellent trumpet player with an excellent knowledge of trumpet theory, performance and technique. You will find him committed and sincere.
· Trumpet · I have known Leon for several years and I am proud to be a friend and musical connection of his! He is a gentleman, a professional, a motivated, perseverant and focused individual. He possesses a superior talent and can be counted on to be committed and reliable. I have been impressed by his performance abilities and knowledge of music in general and New Orleans jazz history in particular. I would recommend him to anyone for trumpet theory, performance and technique.
· Trumpet · Leon Brown is an extremely talanted trumpet player and just as talanted educator. I have been working with Mr Brown since the late 90's his technical command of the instrument and knowledge of musical theory is A+. I highly recommend Leon as a musical instructor for beginners to advanced. He has great patience and is an excellent instructor.
· Trumpet · Leon is both a talented trumpet player and a dedicated instructor. His love for music transcends when he's teaching and his patient manner makes it a pleasure for anyone he's instructing.
· Trumpet · I started to listen to Leon play back in 2002, on Sundays, at the Spotted Cat bar in New Orleans with Rob Block. Those nights were magical! I have followed his career since then, and I have to say that Leon is one of the very best, most knowledgeable, more nuanced trumpet players in New Orleans!