- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been playing piano since I was a young child and have always had a passion for music. I apprenticed in China under a master piano teacher for 15 years and then immediately started performing in many different venues. 18 years ago, I started teaching piano and have enjoyed sharing my love of music with others. I am very patient with students and am very open to the type of music they would like to play. From pop music to classical, beginning to advanced, I am well versed. If there is a specific piece you want to play, I can fit it to your level. In my lessons, I try to make each experience meaningful and joyful.
I am also available giving personalized lessons online nationwide. Looking forward to meeting you and sharing the joy of music in person and online.
*** Lesson Details ***
In our lessons, beginning students will learn to read music, play their favorite pieces, how to do warm ups and learn basic skills. I use sheet music and introductory books in my classes and assign homework for their daily practice. After 3 months, each student will move to the next level and continue learning more advanced skills. More advanced students will learn how to understand and compose music, put expression into the pieces they play and improve their current skills.
I especially emphasize in basic skills, such as recognizing the notes, reading the notes, understanding the meanings of the dynamics, and expressing oneself through each individual piece. Moreover, the basic performance skills are also occupied very heavily in each lesson, such as scales, triads in single notes and octaves, in slower speed and gradually into faster speed, and of course, different levels of etudes to build a strong base for each student to achieve his/her beautiful performance.
*** Studio Equipment ***
living room w/ piano seating for parents
*** Travel Equipment ***
The students should have their own piano or key board.
*** Specialties ***
I patiently teach my students with life examples .
I teach all techniques and skills with simple and easy to perform methods
Certified Steinway Educational Partner
· Piano · In studio As someone new to music in general, Lena focused our lessons on the fundamentals of reading music and Hanon exercises to attain dexterity. She is a very patient instructor who works with you to fix errors step by step and was more than willing to answer the many questions I constantly threw at her. I have learned quite a lot in the short time I have been working with her and I would recommend her to fellow beginners.
· Piano · In studio Lena is great. Professional and and very patient.
· Piano · In studio Mrs. Lin is an absolutely terrific teacher! I wanted to learn how to play a couple piano pieces that I found difficult and she taught me how to play it step by step, finger placement, hand movement, everything in just a couple months! Meanwhile teaching me how to read notes and use the pedal. She is kind and sweet and again a great teacher! I couldn't ask for someone better. Thank you Mrs. Lin! (^w^)
· Piano · In studio I was just telling my brother that it was everything that I was hoping for and more -might as well give a review! The lesson was insightful, Lena is a charming teacher, and the apartment has a great artistic atmosphere. Scheduling for more lessons!
· Piano · In home Lena is an amazing instructor! I am a beginner and she is so patient. She is always accommodating if you need a schedule change
· Piano · In studio My daughter has been a student of Lena's for almost a year now. Prior to Lena, she'd never played the piano. I can say in less than a year time, she plays the piano beautifully with both hands. My husband and I are extremely happy with our decision at chosing Lena as our daughter's piano teacher. We highly recommend her.
· Piano · Online I am an absolute novice in music ; forget any instrument like piano!! From there in 5 classes , Lena with her insurmountable patience has brought me to playing pieces with control.
I also have scheduled and rescheduled a number of times. Lena has always been very very accommodative.
Thanks, Lena , for being patient, and understanding my skill level (or the lack of it) and making me become more competent and confident with each class.
· Piano · Online I love working with Lena. She has helped me quite a bit with my fingering and confidence playing piano. Lena is very sharp, careful and always has great suggestions that is helping me make more progress with my piano practice.
· Piano · Online A very knowledgeable teacher. It's our first time taking online lessons, but it seems to be going pretty well with Lena. She knows what she is doing and can help you with the technical details of a piece. I highly recommend her for all skill levels.
· Piano · In studio She is great ! It is always a pleasure to have a lesson with her, she is patient and kind. I can only recommend her ! :)