- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 4 and up
Hello! My name is Leilah and I teach Cello, Piano, and Music Theory. I have a Bachelor's degree from the University of Indianapolis in Music Education. While I studied there, I held the Principal Cellist position my Junior & Senior year. I have played cello for 18 years, Piano for a total of 8 years, and studied music for a total of 24!
As part of the "Suzuki in the Schools" program affiliated with Greenfield School Corporations, I taught Music Theory as supplementary material in their String Program.
Music Mind Games is a curriculum based out of the Suzuki Method of music teaching. It was developed by Michiko Yurko. It makes learning music theory fun and engaging.
Music Theory curriculum developed by Michiko Yurko
The American String Teachers Association, founded more than 60 years ago, is a membership organization for string and orchestra teachers and players, helping them to develop and refine their careers. ASTA's members range from budding student teachers to artist-status performers. The organization provides a vast array of services, including instrument insurance, an award-winning scholarly journal, discounts on publications and resources, annual professional development opportunities, and access to collegial network of colleagues throughout the string profession.
Mu Phi Epsilon (ΜΦΕ) is a co-ed international professional music fraternity. Today, Mu Phi Epsilon has chapters both nationally and internationally. The fraternity supports achievement in music through the awarding of grants and scholarships, as well as music competitions, concerts, and summer music programs. Much of this work has been supported by the Mu Phi Epsilon Foundation, an organization that has been in existence since 1963, as well as fundraising and donations.
The Suzuki Association of the Americas, Inc. is the not-for-profit organization officially licensed to support, guide, and promote Suzuki education in North, Central, and South America. The SAA was founded in 1972 and currently has about 8,000 members.
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Cello · In home awesome instructor!
· Cello · In studio I studied under Leilah for several years and I couldn't have asked for a better teacher. She was my first teacher; she showed me the basics of cello and taught me in Suzuki books 1-6. One thing Leilah does that not many cello teachers do is play with her students. At my lessons, Leilah always had her cello out and was ready to demonstrate a technique or playing style, which helped immensely with my understanding of music. Having Leilah as a teacher has given me the skills and preparation I need to play in college. I would recommend her to any cello student who is willing to work hard to improve.
· Piano · In studio Ms. Leilah has an in depth understanding of the Suzuki Method but also uses many inventive ideas to make lessons fresh and motivating!