Born in Huntsville Al, Leandria L. received her Bachelors from
Tennessee State University with a Commercial Music Performance Degree, since then, she has traveled to Europe to play in work shops and concerts, she's had the opportunity to played for gospel artists Kirk Franklin, Kurt Carr, and Tye Tribbett, and has just finished up her first year of teaching music in a classroom. Her most recent teaching experience was Kids On Stage Academy, where in one week her students learned how to read music and how to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Her love for the arts keeps her love for teaching alive.
*** Lesson Details ***
Leandria is a laid back teacher but loves to see her students’ progress with their music. She uses the Suzuki method, but believes it’s very important to for her students to learn the basics of the instrument, how to read music and at least 2 songs within the first 3-6 months. In a typical lesson they would start with a scale---saying the note, saying the finger number, and then saying both--- then they would work on which ever piece is their focus at that time, and then they would bow to each other dismissing the lesson.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Their own instruments and music stands.
*** Specialties ***
Suzuki, however I think it is extremely important that the student learns how to read. I use my own method to ensure this.
· Violin · In studio Leandria has a very pleasant personality and a genuinely caring attitude. From start to finish, I was very pleased with the first lesson. She is a very knowledgeable teacher. I am excitedly looking forward to seeing great progress after this initial series of lessons!
· Violin · In home Awesome
· Violin · In studio Leandria is amazing! Not only is she an amazing teacher but she is a wonderful person as well. She is so personable and truly felt like a friend to me. I was amazed at how fast I was learning and was having so much fun while doing it. She taught me the basics and foundations and she also taught me to play some fun songs like beyonce's Halo song as well! We would laugh and say we were channeling our inner beyonce. She adapts her teaching style to your learning style and really makes the most of each lesson. Unfortunately my life recently got a little chaotic so I had to put my lessons on hold for a while but when I continue back up I will definitely be going back to her. You can't find a better teacher than Leandria! I would highly recommend her to all people and age groups!
· Violin · In studio She is a good teacher! Recommend for other students! Not a problem.
· Violin · In studio I have little time in Nashville because my parents moved to the US, my first language is Spanish. Therefore Leandria has been very patient with me. Thanks
· Violin · In home Leandria is very patient and breaks down the information in a way that my daughter understands which has helped her keep a steady progress.
· · Leandra is an a amazing teacher she has many different teaching style, and as well she is very patient with her student. I recommend Leandra if you really want to play the violin well Leandra is the person you should have as a teacher.
· Violin · In studio Leandria is a wonderful teacher. She has a unique style in teaching the violin. I started from not knowing anything about the violin and I feel I improved quickly. Also, she's a very nice instructor.
· Violin · In studio Leandria is the nicest instructor I've ever met! She is a very patient person, who treats me like a friend.
· Violin · In home I have been learning violin with Leandria for about one and a half month. I must acknowledge that she is supportive as well as capable and that makes learning more interesting. It's easy for her to figure out the minor imbalances that make a big difference.
I feel enthused about learning violin despite the crazy schedule at work.Thanks to Leandria's flexible and positive approach. I hope that she'll keep making it better.