Lauren graduated from McNally Smith College of Music magna cum laude in 2011 with a bachelors in vocal performance. She played everywhere from Duluth. Minnesota to Lima, Peru: sharing the stage with artists as diverse as Andres Prado and Judi Donaghy. In addition to her McNally Smith Degree, Lauren received master classes from Bobby McFerrin and the New York Voices. Passionate about giving back to the community, Lauren instructed voice and piano students at the Urban Hub, a community center for inner city youth in Minneapolis MN. She spent the last 6 months of 2011 as an instructor at Jazz Jaus in Lima, Peru. She taught music theory, history, songwriting, and applied voice at ex'treme Institute by Nelly in St. Louis, MO for 3 years. She recently moved back to the Twin Cities to perform and teach.
*** Lesson Details ***
Every student has an experience unique to themselves. I am strict about meeting the goals developed by each student. However, the learning process is highly individual. You will learn at a pace and with a curriculum we develop to best suit your learning style, musical preference, and goals.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I expect students will have a keyboard or piano.
*** Specialties ***
Trained 10 years in classical voice and piano.
Undergrad in contemporary voice.
12 years of theatre experience
Music Theory Instructor
Applied Voice Instructor
· Singing · In studio She made me feel like I wasn't doing anything wrong but at the same time encouraged me to keep improving through positive reinforcement.
· Acting · In home My son enjoyed his 1st lessons with Lauren and he is ready to get more training from her..:)
· Piano · In studio Lauren is extremely pleasant to take lessons from. She was very patient and had various methods in the first lesson to ensure that the information stuck.
Great teacher - highly recommended!
· Singing · In studio My daughter has been with Lauren for a month now and she is loving it
· Singing · In studio Lauren is an exceptionally talented instructor. I am looking forward to the continued refinement of my singing voice.
· Piano · In studio Lauren has been a great piano teacher for our 8yrs old. She proves the appropriate amount of encouragement and challenge based on the student skill level. I would definitely recommend her!
· Singing · In studio My daughter came out of the lesson with a big smile and super excited about her experience with Lauren!
· Piano · In studio I really liked my piano lesson. My instructor is very kind and caring. My instructor individualizes our lessons so none are ever the same and my lessons are different from someone else's. My lessons go at my own pace. She makes sure to practice things that I struggle with and gives me constructive criticism. She says and does it all in a positive way and it causes me to really enjoy my lessons.
· Singing · In studio Lauren is such a patient and thorough teacher. She designed each lesson based on my progress and learning style. I feel like I made so much progress in my singing and speaking because she was an astute listener and helpful guide. Also, I enjoyed going to each lesson.
· Piano · In home Lauren is patient and inspiring. She has a unique knack for clearly breaking down the lesson for both beginners and intermediate. Her calm approach is refreshing.