- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello! I'm Laurel, and I would love to help you or your child unlock your musical abilities! I'm college educated in both classical music performance and English literature. In addition to teaching, I perform as a singer, organist, and pianist with musical groups all over the greater L.A. area, including the Pacific Chorale, the Charles Dickens Carolers, Nova Vocal Ensemble, and many others.
I'm happy to meet my students at any location near either Pacific Palisades or North Hollywood - I can teach music at any location with a piano. Contact me for more information. I look forward to meeting you!
A note about availability - I keep this updated as accurately as possible, but because I travel over a wide area, your preferred time slot may not be possible for me, depending on the location of the lesson. Please contact me to discuss scheduling before you sign up.
If you choose to take lessons at my home location, please be aware that I have cats. If you have a phobia or allergy, this location won't be suitable for you. Contact me for my studio policies.
Teaching private in-home and studio lessons to singers of all ages, and accompanying and coaching high school and college singers on classical and musical theater repertoire.
Teaching private in-home piano lessons to students of all ages.
The mission of the American Guild of Organists is to enrich lives through organ and choral music. To achieve this we: 1. Encourage excellence in the performance of organ and choral music 2.Inspire, educate, and offer certification for organists and choral conductors 3. Provide networking, fellowship, and mutual support 4.Nurture future generations of organists 5. Promote the organ in its historic and evolving roles; and 6. Engage wider audiences with organ and choral music.
· Singing · In studio Thank you Laurel so much for helping me learn a song for a last minute audition!!! Laurel is the best. Not only did she teach me a song in an hour she also whipped my voice into shape. I don't read music so learning a new song in 1 lesson was a challenge, but after one hour with Laurel I walked out of there like a pro.
· Piano · In home Great teacher, Works great with my son. Has built a great respect and relationship with my 11 year old son.
Definably recommend to everyone.
· Classical Voice · In studio In working professionally with Laurel, I can vouch for her dedication and her understanding of music theory and vocal technique. It is a joy to work with her!
· Classical Piano · Online Laurel accompanied me in a fiendishly difficult piece with less than a week to prepare. She was terrific, both as an accompanist and coach.
· Classical Piano · In studio I have been playing keyboard for over a decade, and I marvel at Laurel's skill and musicianship. Hearing her play is a worthwhile lesson in and of itself.
· Singing · In home Laurel is smart, kind, and communicates clearly; all very important qualities for a teacher! She's an excellent musician and very professional.
· Classical Voice · Online Laurel is an awesome musician! I have performed numerous choral concerts with her.
· Singing · In studio I have worked and sang with laurel for 2 years, Laurel is very knowledgeable, and excellent, both singing and playing the piano. Laurel is a great teacher, and you will learn to sing and play with passion. I know, if I need assistance, with my singing technique Laurel will be the first person I will call.
· Classical Piano · In home Laurel taught my kids piano lessons for several years. When she moved away, she proved impossible to replace! She really cared about the kids' learning. For example, when my son seemed to connect better with the process and logic behind the music, she got him started composing his own! Both kids benefited greatly from Laurel's teaching and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a piano teacher.
· Piano · In studio Laurel is incredibly patient and encouraging with my 8-year-old daughter. She clearly was interested in meeting her where she is in her musical development and guiding her forward from there. My daughter, who was very hesitant about starting lessons, has really loved them and been eager to practice every day without me even reminding her (for the most part :) ).