- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Unlock your hidden talents and find your passion with experienced internationally trained piano teacher Mrs. Lana G.
I'm a member of Illinois State Music Teachers Association, Music Teachers National Association and Northwestern Music Teacher Association.
Last summer I moved from Glenview-Northbrook area to Huntley Del Webb. I have a private home studio with 2 grand pianos and 1 digital piano.
I ONLY Teach in my home or online.
I teach a variety of students, some who love to participate in competitions and other students who learn to entertain family and friends. I always tailor my music choices to the preferences of my students.
I have been a full time piano teacher in Chicago area for 25 years. Many of my long term students, were students that came to me after being disappointed with previous piano instruction.
My piano study combines theory, technique, and performance that gives the student a basic understanding of music from the beginning through advanced levels. Presented so skillfully that the student can't wait for the next lesson.
I have been a full time piano teacher in Chicago area for 25 years
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Piano · In studio I began taking lessons from Lana in October 2016, after 50 years of being away from the piano. Who would have thought that learning to play again in my retirement years would bring such joy! I am learning to play classical, popular, holiday classics and looking forward to learning blues and jazz! My THANKS to Lana, who is a very knowledgeable and patient teacher, as well as an accomplished and gifted musician. She knows how to make learning fun.
· Piano · In studio I'm a first time piano student at a ripe golden age that thought I wouldn't have to learn to read notes...haha! I was apprehensive about taking piano lessons at this stage of life. Lana is the best...she is patient, challenging, supportive, and makes learning fun. She starts you off with songs you enjoy playing and builds to a variety. I've only been playing for a short time and I already have a great mix of popular songs and now moving into classical. She even made learning notes fun with an app she found. You learn and play at your own pace. I've seen her interact with young and old and am impressed with her aptitude of working with each person at their unique skill level. I love learning piano from Lana and I would recommend her to people and children of all ages.
· Piano · In studio I just started piano lessons in January 2017 with Lana just because I have,always wanted to play. Being of the "older" crowd I started not knowing ANYTHING!! Lana is super patient, funny and truly a wonderful teacher. I already play songs people know!! I would recommend her to anyone!! Thanks Lana, I appreciate all u have taught me so far!!
· Piano · In home Our son has been taking piano lessons over 6 years now with few different teachers and Lana is the best. She is dedicated, experienced teacher, who knows how to work with kids and keep them involved. Her lessons are motivating and productive and results are very impressive. Thank you Lana!
· Piano · In studio With zero note reading/playing experience, I find Lana to be a perfect match as my instructor. Starts simple w basics and works up from there. She's truly wonderful.
· Piano · In home I have 4 sons aged 21 to 12. They have all taken piano over the years from multiple teachers. Ms. Lana is the best teacher we have ever had by far. She is warm, caring, knowledgable and organized. She sets high yet achievable expectations for her students. I have been amazed at the growth in my sons musicality and interest while taking lessons from Ms. Lana. I feel very fortunate that we found her!
· Piano · In home Great teacher! Ms. Lana has been in our home for the last 12 years teaching both of my daughters and their expertise is a testament to her teaching ability. Over 12 years, they have learned to read and play very complicated pieces all the while enjoying her lessons and her company. After each lesson, she grades the students performance and gives a very brief report to the parents on how the student is progressing. She encourages parental involvement and genuinely cares for the entire family. Lana is a pleasure to have in your home and a very positive educator for youngsters. I have recommended her to many of my neighbors and she is in high demand in Glenview.
· Piano · In home Ms. Lana is an amazing teacher. I have three children who take lessons from her ages 15, 12 and 11. We started using Lana because we didn't see much progression with our previous teacher. Since taken lessons with Lana the kids have enjoyed their lessons and shown nice improvement. It is clear that she teaches for the love of teaching piano, it is not just about the money for her. I highly recommend her to anyone who is seriously interested in learning piano.
· Piano · In home Ms. Lana is a truly amazing piano teacher. My son has been taking lessons with her for the last 2 years. She is a patient and encouraging teacher. She picks music that is both challenging and fun to play. I am very happy with his progress. So many friends and family have commented on how beautifully he plays. And what has impressed me most is the love of music she has helped instill in him. Piano is her passion and she has passed that same joy on to my son. He truly enjoys playing the piano and taking lessons. You can just tell she cares so much about her students and is personally invested in them. I give Ms. Lana my highest recommendation. She is wonderful!
· Piano · In home Lana is an amazing piano teacher! She started teaching our kids when they were very young until they graduated from eighth grade. They are in high school now and no longer take lessons, but they still sit down at the piano to play their repertoire and some new songs. Lana is a professional; she was always prompt for lessons and was very flexible as the kids became busier with school activities and sports. This was important because there never was a point where my kids would have to choose between sports and piano. We loved Lana's patience with the kids, her positive attitude and passion for music and are most grateful for all the years she graced our home to teach our kids a love for piano and music. Lana pushed the kids to perform at higher levels each year. It's still fun to see people's jaws drop when my hockey-playing son sits down at a piano and plays an amazingly difficult piece. Thank you, Lana!