- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Unlock your hidden talents and find your passion with experienced internationally trained piano teacher Mrs. Lana G.
I'm a member of Illinois State Music Teachers Association, Music Teachers National Association and Northwestern Music Teacher Association.
Last summer I moved from Glenview-Northbrook area to Huntley Del Webb. I have a private home studio with 2 grand pianos and 1 digital piano.
I ONLY Teach in my home or online.
I teach a variety of students, some who love to participate in competitions and other students who learn to entertain family and friends. I always tailor my music choices to the preferences of my students.
I have been a full time piano teacher in Chicago area for 25 years. Many of my long term students, were students that came to me after being disappointed with previous piano instruction.
My piano study combines theory, technique, and performance that gives the student a basic understanding of music from the beginning through advanced levels. Presented so skillfully that the student can't wait for the next lesson.
I have been a full time piano teacher in Chicago area for 25 years
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Piano · In home Our son has been taking piano lessons over 6 years now with few different teachers and Lana is the best. She is dedicated, experienced teacher, who knows how to work with kids and keep them involved. Her lessons are motivating and productive and results are very impressive. Thank you Lana!
· Piano · In studio With zero note reading/playing experience, I find Lana to be a perfect match as my instructor. Starts simple w basics and works up from there. She's truly wonderful.
· Piano · In home I have 4 sons aged 21 to 12. They have all taken piano over the years from multiple teachers. Ms. Lana is the best teacher we have ever had by far. She is warm, caring, knowledgable and organized. She sets high yet achievable expectations for her students. I have been amazed at the growth in my sons musicality and interest while taking lessons from Ms. Lana. I feel very fortunate that we found her!
· Piano · In home Great teacher! Ms. Lana has been in our home for the last 12 years teaching both of my daughters and their expertise is a testament to her teaching ability. Over 12 years, they have learned to read and play very complicated pieces all the while enjoying her lessons and her company. After each lesson, she grades the students performance and gives a very brief report to the parents on how the student is progressing. She encourages parental involvement and genuinely cares for the entire family. Lana is a pleasure to have in your home and a very positive educator for youngsters. I have recommended her to many of my neighbors and she is in high demand in Glenview.
· Piano · In home Ms. Lana is an amazing teacher. I have three children who take lessons from her ages 15, 12 and 11. We started using Lana because we didn't see much progression with our previous teacher. Since taken lessons with Lana the kids have enjoyed their lessons and shown nice improvement. It is clear that she teaches for the love of teaching piano, it is not just about the money for her. I highly recommend her to anyone who is seriously interested in learning piano.
· Piano · In home Ms. Lana is a truly amazing piano teacher. My son has been taking lessons with her for the last 2 years. She is a patient and encouraging teacher. She picks music that is both challenging and fun to play. I am very happy with his progress. So many friends and family have commented on how beautifully he plays. And what has impressed me most is the love of music she has helped instill in him. Piano is her passion and she has passed that same joy on to my son. He truly enjoys playing the piano and taking lessons. You can just tell she cares so much about her students and is personally invested in them. I give Ms. Lana my highest recommendation. She is wonderful!
· Piano · In home Lana is an amazing piano teacher! She started teaching our kids when they were very young until they graduated from eighth grade. They are in high school now and no longer take lessons, but they still sit down at the piano to play their repertoire and some new songs. Lana is a professional; she was always prompt for lessons and was very flexible as the kids became busier with school activities and sports. This was important because there never was a point where my kids would have to choose between sports and piano. We loved Lana's patience with the kids, her positive attitude and passion for music and are most grateful for all the years she graced our home to teach our kids a love for piano and music. Lana pushed the kids to perform at higher levels each year. It's still fun to see people's jaws drop when my hockey-playing son sits down at a piano and plays an amazingly difficult piece. Thank you, Lana!
· Piano · In home Lana is a truly gifted teacher. She started teaching our daughter when she was 6 (now turning 8). Her progress has been exceptional and she absolutely loves her lessons. Lana is patient and kind and never gets frustrated.. She always makes the lesson positive, upbeat, fun, and productive. Our daughter can tend to get frustrated when pieces get harder and Lana knows just when to pull back to a more fun, easier song, and when to push through and get amazing results. She is truly something special.
· Piano · In home Lana has been our daughter's piano teacher for 6 years.
Lana has made our daughter a very strong piano player. She taught her from the very beginning starting at how to read music and each year progressing to perform more complex and challenging piano pieces. We have enjoyed having Lana in our home whether it was listening to the lessons or watching her prepare our daughter for a piano recital. Lana has high expectations of her students and is willing to support their success with extra time, patience, and encouragement.
Lana has made music an important part of our family.
· Piano · In home Undoubtedly the Fur Elise of piano teachers! This is the second teacher for my little one and just after the first lesson, the difference in Lana’s style of teaching when compared to the previous teacher was quite apparent. The professionalism and the ability Lana consistently exhibits to conjure the personal motivation out of my little one to excel in piano is simply amazing. We have been taking lessons from her for over a year now and my daughter has made strides in reading sheet music, playing steadily, and being more comfortable playing in front of others. When friends and relatives come over they have noticed a difference in her play and have asked what we have done differently. The first time someone asked, my daughter replied “Lana” and I couldn’t help but laugh a little as I was not expecting her to even respond. Lana is an exceptional piano teacher whose love for music is infectious and I would highly recommend!