- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Kristen K. and I am an accomplished violinist and teacher from Lexington, Kentucky. I began my musical studies at age 7 and quickly discovered my passion and love for music. As a young musician, I attended numerous summer music festivals, participated in the Central Kentucky Youth Orchestra. I was a winner of two concerto competitions, which gave me the opportunity to perform solos with the youth orchestra. I continued my studies at the University of Kentucky as a Violin Performance major and it was there that I discovered my love for teaching music! After completing my performance degree, I decided to also pursue a Bachelor’s in Music Education. During my college career, I served as a teaching assistant in the University of Kentucky String Project, I taught group and private lessons at several local middle and high schools, and also maintained my own private violin and viola studio. I was also awarded the McCracken Scholarship Award for Excellence in Music Education. The most rewarding part of teaching has been seeing my students continually improve and reach their goals!
In addition to teaching, I also am an avid performer. I have been a member of the Lexington Philharmonic Orchestra for 7 years and was a member of the University of Kentucky Symphony Orchestra. I perform as a soloist, in chamber groups, and in orchestras regularly at various events and concerts. In the past few years I have attended international chamber music festivals in Prague, Czech Republic and in Lucca, Italy. I have also had the opportunity to perform with some of the world’s most renowned musicians including Itzhak Perlman, Midori, and Gil Shaham in additional to performing in the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. and in Carnegie Hall in New York City. Studying music has provided me with many wonderful opportunities to learn and to grow. It is my goal to help students really love and enjoy playing music and develop the skills that allow us to share the magic of beautiful sound. Maintaining a high level of mastery as well as continuing to learn about the art of teaching are fundamentally equal and of highest priority for me. Through teaching music, I hope to inspire students and help them reach their potential.
*** Lesson Details ***
My teaching style is relaxed and understanding of where each student is at, while always maintaining a quick pace for learning new skills and always expecting the student to put forth their best effort. I am very encouraging and positive. I work with each student and his or her parents to determine short and long term goals and try to best provide the materials, instruction and motivation to achieve those goals!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lessons in the living room, well lit, piano, music stands
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in teaching classical music but I also teach bluegrass and fiddle. I particularly like the Suzuki Method for beginning to intermediate students, but when they become more advanced I begin to incorporate concertos and sonatas.
· Violin · In studio Great first lesson. Excited for more.
· Violin · In home Kristen is warm, engaging, and knowledgeable. My daughter is very excited for her next lesson.
· Violin · In home Kristen is very patient and sweet with our daughter who is pretty new to violin.
· Violin · In studio Great experience. Kristen is patient, organized, and observant. I look forward to my future learning experience with you.
· Violin · In studio Very inspiring
· Violin · In home Kristen was fantastic! Kristen worked very well with my daughter, Christina. Christina is disabled and doesn't adjust well to everyone, but absolutely loved Kristen! Kristen met her needs in every way, was very pleasant and professional. Highly recommended!!
· Violin · In studio Very good teacher !
· Viola · In studio Kristen is a great teacher and very knowledgeable of her instruments. She teaches at a comfortable pace that will urge you to practice more and learn, without out pacing her students. I highly recommend her as an instructor.
· Violin · In studio She is really nice and sweet. I learned a lot from her and she always provide the best advice and material that can help me to solve my difficulties.
· Violin · In studio Kristen is a technically robust, patient and works with the student to ensure progress.