Hello! Thanks for checking out my page! My name is Krista, and I'm a musical theatre actress and teacher. I grew up in Renton and attended the University of Washington, where I earned my BA in Theatre and a minor in Education. Since then, I have gone on to perform in many of Seattle's best theatres, including Seattle Musical Theatre, Lyric Light Opera, At the Ridge Theatre, Second Story Repertory, and The 5th Avenue. I love performing and believe that there is nothing like being onstage and making an audience feel something through your performance!
I have been teaching for many years at various theatre intensives and summer camps and currently teach dance, acting, and voice at two schools in the Renton area. I love people and love interacting with all ages! It is a joy to be able to pass on skills that bring me so much happiness to those who are younger or just entering the exciting world of performance! I especially enjoy doing one-on-one audition prep to make sure that that monologue or song you are going to try out with is in solid shape!
Please contact me to let me know what kind of training you are looking for (whether it be a focus on dance, audition prep, voice, etc.), and we can talk about what our lessons would entail and how I could help to best meet your interests. Looking forward to hearing from you!
-Teach music and dance enrichment classes for children ages 3-6, middle school choir class, and private voice lessons for all ages
-Plan fun and interactive lessons, games, songs, and dances for all classes
-Plan music and dance lessons appropriate for various age groups
-Teach children, ages 3-18, about music, dance, and musical theatre
-Perform at various theatres around the Seattle area
-Assisted in the direction of LITTLE WOMEN: THE MUSICAL by working and perfecting scenes and choreography with the students
-Worked one-on-one with students on character development and giving a more compelling performance
-Trained kids, ages 5-17, in musical theatre-style dance, acting, and voice
-Performed as part of the ensemble in HELLO, DOLLY! and MAME.
· Acting · In home She is so awesome!
· Singing · In studio It was a great first experience. Great instructor.
· Tap Dance · In home First lesson went great. I was a little nervous and couldn't get my questions together that well but Krista was understanding and I learned some things I went home and began to work on. Looking forward for my next lesson.
· Acting · In home Krista is very sweet and easy to work with. My child liked her very much.
· Singing · In studio We recommend to others friends and students looking for a singing teacher for their child. Krista was always on time to all lessons, very accommodating to changes in schedule and very personable with my daughter!
· Singing · In studio Krista is very positive, helpful and encouraging. I only had one lesson so far but I feel she is a great fit.