- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello, and thank you for reading!
My name is Kiyan, I am a classically, contemporarily and pop-music trained singer, music director, recording artist, composer, and teacher.
I have studied music of all genres very intensely, including everything from early Baroque technique, opera, musical theater (golden age to contemporary), gospel music, pop music, rock music, all the way to every single Beyoncé riff.
I am currently a full time recording artist and performer. Teaching is the best way to spend my free time. I LOVE having open minded people come to me so I can really show them how to get the best sound out of their bodies. To me, teaching is as much a spiritual, social and mental exercise as it is musical.
I can help you sound as good as you can. I've cured tone deafness countless times, and I have a strong theoretical background as a pianist for which to fill your brain with information. And we will have so much fun. :)
Cheers, and love!
What I have been doing since college. I LOVE this job, and am so grateful to be able to do this for a living.
· Singing · In studio Kiyan is a great friend of mine whom I reached out to for singing lessons. I am not pursuing vocals as a career, but more for personal enjoyment. Kiyan never once made me feel as if I was new at this and broke everything down to the roots. A superb person and an excellent teacher.
· Vocal Training · In studio Kiyan is instinctive and insightful as a teacher. Always prepared and definitely intuitive when it comes to learning how his students work. His teaching style is evocative and creative, and always in-tune with what the student needs during each individual lesson. I look forward to lessons and always feel informed and productive. Would recommend him to any student regardless of experience or skill level.
· Vocal Training · In studio I took vocal lessons with Kiyan for a little over a year and he definitely taught me how to use my voice properly. We did a range of styles from classical to more contemporary music. He also taught me a good amount of music theory as well. If you decided to take lessons with Kiyan, he will certainly cater to your individual needs as a singer, and I'm sure you'll notice improvements with your voice in just a little while after starting lessons!
· Singing · In studio Kiyan is a very attentive and professional instructor and created a welcoming and comfortable environment for learning. He taught me how to properly use my diaphragm to support my notes and improve breathing and duration. His lessons also helped me understand how to control my tone and dynamics. Working with him was a great and beneficial experience.
· Vocal Training · In studio I took lessons from Kiyan for a little over a year. I came in knowing nothing and he was very understanding of this. He trained my ear very fast and had me singing in no time. Along with how much my vocals improved he helped me with piano and was just a fun person to be around. Very laid back and has a good sense of humor. He approaches teaching very professionally and is all for working with you to get what you want out of lessons. I would highly recommend him to anyone starting off or has been singing for a long time. One of the best things about him is that he does not teach in the dark. He will let you know everything he is going to try to do at once and then go back and get more specific and he is very open to suggestions.
· Singing · Online Kiyan has been such a motivational and professional vocal coach for me. I came to him in need of tuning up my voice for musicals etc. He took my voice far beyond expectations and has helped me gain confidence in my singing. I loved every minute of my lessons and enjoyed the one on one experience he offers. Overall Kiyan is an amazing vocal coach and I strongly recommend him for future students.
· Vocal Training · In studio Kiyan was voice teacher to my 9-year old son for a year while Kiyan was studying at the Dana School of Music. Kiyan found creative ways to keep an energetic boy on task while making the experience fun and inspiring. The bond they developed was very special and I am grateful to have had such a talented young man lay the foundation for my son's musical training. Kiyan came highly recommended by faculty at the Dana School and he did not disappoint. I highly recommend him for anyone looking for a voice teacher with impeccable training and a joyful spirit.
· Vocal Training · Online Kiyan is a wonderful instructor. My daughter has taken vocal lessons from him for a few years. She has learned so much from Kiyan. In addition Kiyan has customized her lessons to give her a better understanding of all aspects of singing.
· Ear Training · In home I genuinely have never experienced such patience, knowledge and attentiveness in a lesson than I have with Kiyan. He's clearly a master of his craft and was able to tend to my specific needs in growing as a student.
The amount of musicality and natural talent he has is hard to come by, and has a fun, understandable way of approaching his lessons. I never feel uncomfortable or insecure around him. He understands people work at different paces and understand things in different ways, and tailors his explanations. Kiyan is a natural teacher.
I'd literally never go to anyone else.
· Classical Voice · In studio I can't say enough good things about Kiyan! His teaching style is very organic and relaxed. He is great at getting you to try things you didn't even know you were capable of. He's funny and very easy to get along with as well as extremely dedicated to his craft! He teaches just as wonderfully as he sings. 😁