Kevin Z. - Musician and Composer
Don't look too hard for a teacher now, you've already found him. So what are you waiting for? Stop reading this and contact TakeLessons already. It's all about having fun with music, so come on over, and let's rock. If you must know more go ahead. Keep reading.
But then call, got it? That's your first assignment:-)
*Studied guitar with Neil Haverstick at Swallow Hill Music Academy
*Studied guitar with Todd Keehn at his own TK studios
*Studied with Dave Martone at American Jewish University
*Six String Theory Rock Guitar Competition top 5 of 2011
*Guitar Player Guitar Superstar top ten of 2010
*Guitar World magazine top ten shred the web of 2009
*Over 25 years experience including teaching, live performances, songwriting, and studio recordings.
*** Lesson Details ***
My instruction area is spot on. The store and studio provide an exceptional learning environment and contains amplifiers, and all types of guitars. We have the latest technology in keyboards, and the use of a drum machine makes the lesson more fun utilizing the feel of being in a band while helping you to improve your rhythm. The private rooms are sound proof so our students can experience the full impact of cranking up an amp and making music.
My teaching style is laid back and comfortable. Focus is on teaching students how to teach themselves
You'll learn: music theory, music sight reading, chords, chord progressions, melody, harmony, technique, and much more.
*** Specialties ***
Electric guitar, Acoustic guitar, Classical guitar, songwriting, demo recording, demo production, heavy metal, rock, music theory including sight reading, piano, ukulele, bass guitar.
Okay, that's it. Go ahead and make the call/email to schedule your first lesson. See you soon! - Kevin Z
Professional Lessons For Guitar, Bass, Piano, And Ukulele
rock, acoustic, classical, flamenco, metal, blues
Westminster High - General - 1991 - 1995
Mentorship; Neil Haverstick, and Todd Keehn. Studies with Dave Martone
Over 25 years experience including teaching, live performances, songwriting, and studio recordings.
Six String Theory Rock Guitar Competition top 5 of 2011
Guitar Player Guitar Superstar top ten of 2010
Guitar World magazine top ten shred the web of 2009
Four Studio Albums
'Guitar Relaxation'- 2012
'Subject To Change'- 2006
'Over The Limit'- 2004
Testimonials From The Pros (George Lynch, Elliot Easton, Reeves Gabrels and more...)
"Kevins a super nice guy, this music is a vehicle to
show what a fast guitar player you are." George Lynch (Dokken, Lynch Mob)
“You did an awesome job with this.” - Gary Hoey
“You can obviously play like a lunatic.” - Elliot Easton (The Cars)
"Excellent technique, great chops." - Reeves Gabrels (David Bowie)
“Kevins a great guitar player” - Dave Martone
“One More Chance (track #6) floored me,
totally love it. It reminds me of Joe Satriani. The flow is very melodic. Also really enjoyed Takin' Back (track #8) and Wait For It (track #4). Lots of Paul Gilbert influences in there I think amongst others. Nice production as well." - Nick Baldrian of Fireworks Magazine
· Bass Guitar · In studio Well, so far this is only my first bass lesson, so I didn't even know if I would like it. But I must say I'm more excited than ever! Kevin is clearly a virtuoso player, with a pleasant, relaxed demeanor, clear teaching style, and the best sense of humor. That really takes any edge off any nervousness. I'm looking forward to the next one!
· Guitar · In studio Very knowledgeable! excellent at teaching guitar.
· Ukulele · In studio Very helpful with tips and tricks for a beginning student.
· Electric Guitar · Online Kevin is not only a virtuoso performer, he is an excellent teacher, presenting challenging yet achievable material at the appropriate level for the learner.
· · This is my grandson's first 3 months with Kevin.Kevin is very laid-back and his cool looks makes my pre-teen grandson want to learn from him, which is important. Sometimes, Kevin's critique is unclear and his verbal follow up instructions don't match his written instructions. All and all, he might be prefect for my grandson, who is also very laid-back. Two laid-back peolple might not be a good combination. It could be that my grandson would learn more from someone who is a little more structured. I thought about trying a different teacher but my grandson seems to like Kevin and he is learning to play, which is the bottom line. So, we will stick with Kevin for now.
· · Excellent!!!
Kevin is an amazing instructor and is very patient with the students. I have only taken a couple lessons so far but I have learned so much within that time it shocks me that I could even learn that much. Before I started taking lessons with him I would try and pluck away at the strings of the guitar but I'm gradually getting better thanks to him. Thank you!
· · Great Instructor
I would highly recommend Kevin for anyone who wants to learn the guitar. Kevin instructs lesson's in an easy going yet detail manner. His lessons and manner brings confidence to the student and this allows for his students to progress through their studies. If you want your child or yourself to learn the guitar, Kevin is the instructor you should look to first.
· · Lessons are going great! Kevin is very talented and willing to be flexible on requests. So far I am pleased with all of our lessons!
· · Very Happy!!!
My son is at lesson number 4 and he loves it. He looks forward to it every week.
· · Kevin is great with Avery. My son looks forward to his lessons. Thanks!